Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 9, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Tessy, you didn't just call Fr. Chuck "dude", did you ? Oh my.

Goodnight everyone. Pleasant dreams.
    I DID! Was that bad etiquette?? Lol... sorry fr-chuck.. I call lots of men... dude.
    -

Jul 9, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Yes Tess, I do remember that verse. I always thought it was..." I am the way, the truth and the Light, no man comes to the Father except through me.

Yes almost exact to yours. And yes, Jesus said it and no I am not offended. But Jesus said it with a loving tongue, not a hammer to the head (not saying that is what you are doing).

Jesus was and is a beautiful, peaceful and loving soul, that we should try and emmulate. Through love we can bring each other to the Father. I guess I just fear that if it is beleived that God can reject one of us, what is to stop me from being rejected. "There before the grace of God go I". Do you know what I am trying to say, Tessy, we have the same danger of not being in God's loving light as everyone else. Every day, every minute is a challenge and I beleive it is only by loving one another that we can truly know God's love.

I seroiusly serioulsy seriously doubt that Jesus's intention was to alienate anyone. Sometimes it gives the appearance that I am on the right side of the fence and you are not. Tess, none of us are ever always on the right side of the fence, to think otherwise may be worse then even knowing there is a fence.

Gosh, hope this make sense, it is getting late. :)
    Poor allheart, I feel like I am picking on you.. I'm not.

MY Jesus is beautiful... the bible puts it like this... "He is altogether lovely"... My Jesus IS the epitome of Love... "Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends". But as far as "peaceful" he clearly states that HE didn't come to bring PEACE. He came to BRING TRUTH. He called the pharasee's a "brood of vipers"... ouch.. doesnt sound very peaceful.. or "tolerant".

Jesus isn't some limp wristed, milquetoast guy, that floated around bringing some kind of message about different paths that lead to the Father. HE IS THE WAY...

He came as a Lamb.. He is coming back as a Lion.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 04:58 PM
    In a sense absolute truth does represent intolerance as in other answers are unacceptable. However this is different to arrogance which insists that a person holding an incorrect view is in someway inferior. This is true intolerance. Respect requires that we show an person holding an incorrect view their error and leave them to discern the truth
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Rev Dude, maybe I could change my screen name?? Sounds like a good name for a TV preacher,

But no not really missed the point, was perhaps redirecting it, trying to draw people together, The issue is when you throw a word out "born again" that word does not mean the same to everyone, so often you have to tell the details of what it means. Since there are many that say unless you speak in tounges you can not be born again, To others you have to be baptised by immerssion only, to others it has to be a baptism in their church, others don't count.
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    And thats what it really all comes down to, isnt it?

As for the rest of this...

I, too, believe in Absolute Truth... however, I have a sneaking suspicion that my Absolute Truth greatly varies from yours.
    Okie Dokie DrJizzle,

I couldn't resist so I read your introduction page. I TOO have a sneaking suspicion that your "absolute truth" and my absolute truth differ.

Looks like you set out to experience any and all ungodly things you could find. Am I correct to assume that this "journey" you took is how you came to find "absolute truth"? Just curious. Oh and how do you back your "absolute truth" up?

I know curiosity killed the cat.. but I'm nosey and I couldn't resist the bait. ;)
    PixieMama Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Jul 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Well, actually it is YOUR truth. It is what is true for you. What's true for you isn't true for others. But I don't think telling someone what you believe to be true means you are intolerant unless of course you pick fights and are disrespectful to the fact that others believe differently. Intolerance can be cruel. Truth can upset someone. But what's "true" to you is simply your opinion of what is true. No one can prove or disprove it either way as fact that "God" actually said it. It's written in a book. A book that was written by men. So, you have to look at where others are coming from too. But if you believe homosexuality is wrong, yet you have gay friends - I fail to see how this would make you intolerant!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    Okie Dokie DrJizzle,

I couldn't resist so I read your introduction page. I TOO have a sneaking suspicion that your "absolute truth" and my absolute truth differ.

Looks like you set out to experience any and all ungodly things you could find. Am I correct to assume that this "journey" you took is how you came to find "absolute truth"? just curious. oh and how do you back your "absolute truth" up?

I know curiosity killed the cat..but I'm nosey and I couldn't resist the bait. ;)
    Ahh yes, the good ol' intro... had almost forgotten about that...

Anyway, you claim that everything I set out to experience was ungodly. That is simply not true. God is everything and is in everything. Surely, you understand that.

I do not believe that you are using the correct choice of words to title what you call "Absolute Truth".

"I believe there is only one way to get to Heaven" is what I believe you said. And in there, like with so many others, lies the fault of religion. Its like everything religion teaches us is for the grand prize: a one-way ticket into Heaven. What happened to real, unconditional love?

What if the Bible taught us that by follow His Word, we were going to burn in Hell for all eternity... but we should still Love our God just the same? And on top of that, all the unbelievers would go to a place like Heaven. I wonder how many of today's Christians would still be Christians! I doubt there would be any. They would say "well, thats not fair!" But does fair matter? Love the Lord, thy God... regardless of the consequences.

And don't worry, I do not take offense to your Ad Hominem response. I've come to expect nothing less from most.
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Oh and Needkarma,

Did you learn a new word? Ad Hominem? Dude!. that is pretty big time for you... lol

Hey, you going to go putting red marks on all my stuff? That's OK.. it means I'm getting to you!

And just sos you know... I'm trying to! ;)
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    ahh yes, the good ol' intro... had almost forgotten about that...

Anyway, you claim that everything I set out to experience was ungodly. That is simply not true. God is everything and is in everything. Surely, you understand that.

I do not believe that you are using the correct choice of words to title what you call "Absolute Truth".

"I believe there is only one way to get to Heaven" is what I believe you said. And in there, like with so many others, lies the fault of religion. Its like everything religion teaches us is for the grand prize: a one-way ticket into Heaven. What happened to real, unconditional love?

What if the Bible taught us that by follow His Word, we were going to burn in Hell for all eternity... but we should still Love our God just the same? And on top of that, all the unbelievers would go to a place like Heaven. I wonder how many of todays Christians would still be Christians!! I doubt there would be any. They would say "well, thats not fair!" But does fair matter? Love the Lord, thy God... regardless of the consequences.

And dont worry, I do not take offense to your Ad Hominem response. I've come to expect nothing less from most.

Geesh, what is with the paranoia? I was just curious as to what your absolute truth was. You were the one that said you believed in it and it was different from mine. I was not going to attack you. I was curious!

Hey, don't listen to Needkarma, he's just a little miffed with me right now... He'll get over it.
    This wasn't a Ad hominem attack.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    Oh and Needkarma,

did you learn a new word? Ad Hominem? dude!..that is pretty big time for you...lol

hey, you gonna go putting red marks on all my stuff? thats ok..it means i'm getting to you!

and just sos ya know....i'm tryin to! ;)

Tessy,

Just curious, why are you trying to get to NK? Oh, I know NK can more than handle it and doubt that you are actually getting to him, but is that something you do when you are born again?

Can you see the conflict and confusion I have in all of this with some of what you write.
    We are not to get to anyone, we are to love one another as we love ourselves. Yes? Do unto others and all that.

Tessy, to be quite honest, not sure I want or need a response.
    -

Jul 12, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Tessy,

Just curious, why are you trying to get to NK? Oh, I know NK can more than handle it and doubt that you are actually getting to him, but is that something you do when you are born again?

Can you see the conflict and confusion I have in all of this with some of what you write.
    We are not to get to anyone, we are to love one another as we love ourselves. Yes? Do unto others and all that.

Tessy, to be quite honest, not sure I want or need a response.
    Allheart,

I'm just teasing him a bit... don't worry. I have a feeling he can handle it .Sorry Allheart, but teasing him (as he has done ME) and being rude and Unkind are two diferently things. I am a Christian, but I didn't lose my sense of humor or my personality. It's OK though if YOU don't like it. And no, I see no conflict or confusion in me being a Christian and messin with NK. Sorry
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Sorry Tessy,

My mistake. Truly am sorry. I love to laugh and joke too. I didn't realize it was all in fun and not meant to be "tessy" oopps I mean "testy"... LOL hee hee. :)

Humor is a great thing. Okay, carry on..
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 12, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Here is a related article from those smart "wingers" over in the politics section

Regurgitating the Apple: How Modern Liberals "Think"
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 02:35 PM
    inthebox,
    I started to try to read that but the narrow column and the 5 feet of scrolling wore me out. I'm not sure why you feel it fits in this thread.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 13, 2007, 07:49 AM
    An excerpt frm that article:

"If nobody ever thought they were right, what would we disagree about? If we didn't disagree, surely we wouldn't fight. If we didn't fight, of course we wouldn't go to war. Without war, there would be no poverty; without poverty, there would be no crime; without crime, there would be no injustice. It's a utopian vision, and all that's required to usher in this utopia is the rejection of all fact, reason, evi­dence, logic, truth, morality, and decency--all the tools that you and I use in our attempts to be better people, to make the world more right by trying to be right, by siding with right, by recognizing what is right and moving toward it."

The point of the article, and I know it is long, is that in the quest to be "tolerant" and not offend anyone, no judgements can be made as to whether something is good or bad. When nothing is good or bad, there is nothing to fight for, and evil wins.

A classic historical example of this is the appeasement of Hitler.

Grace and Peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Absolute values [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having trouble solving this absolute values Could you please help me Attachment below

What is the absolute best mattress to have? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Tempur-pedic is best? But is expensive. Please before I buy a new mattress, I would appreciate feed back on the type and kind of mattress you have, and if it helps, your back, restfulness, health etc. Also I heard that coil matresses are bad for the alignment of your body? Also,...

Intolerance, It should be considered a sin? [ 124 Answers ]

Okay, on the thread of reincarnation. Another member brought up an excellent point about intolerance. I was the one that started the thread of reincarnation and it went off topic. Which is expected I guess, but instead of continuing there I think this heading from another member is an excellent...

Divorce - vacate stay of judgement absolute [ 14 Answers ]

Hi... first timer here! I am in the midst of a divorce that is taking forever. Last September I had my divorce trial (husband didn't show). I testified for 2 hours and was eventually awarded my home, children (physical & legal) and granted divorce to return to my maiden name. The judgement (in...

View more questions Search