Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard Bogey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 07:49 AM
    How to remove particles from the alveioli?
    Which of the following is not a means of removing particles from the alveoli?
    A) Phygocytosis
    B) Lymphatics
    C) Physical removal upward by thin fluid layer
    D) Cilia
    What is the answer
    birdie2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Hmm.. cilia line the respiratory tract and help trap foreign particles before they can enter into the alveoli where gas exchange will occur.. So I'd hazard a guess at cilia.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Is this homework? You should try telling us what you think it is and why, to show that you tried before we help with an answer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 02:12 PM
    We are happy to help, but you can't take us with you to finals. LOL

Read this first: Expectations for the Homework Help board
    Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Particles in water [ 12 Answers ]

Help! I've discovered black particles in my water when I fill up a sink or bathtub. I contacted the water company and they believe the stuff is coming from within my house plumbing or water heater. The particles smear in the bottom of a tub or sink when touched. When they come out of the faucet...

Plumbing, particles in hot water [ 2 Answers ]

For several months at least, I have been cleaning the aerators on my faucets and finding much white particles, very white. They are small but they obstruct the flow. I have determined that they are only in the hot water by running the hot water through a strainer at a sink without an aerator. They...

White particles clogging pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Need help... I noticed white particles in our water and our water pressure began getting weak. A plummer advised me to drain and flush my water heater. I did that until the water ran clear. All faucets work except for the one closest to the hot water heater, well actually I had to take off a...

Radiation, range of alpha particles [ 5 Answers ]

Alpha particles lose 5 x 10(-18) J of kinetic energy in each collision they make with an air molecule. An alpha particle traveling through air at STP undergoes around 5(5) ionising collisions with the air molecules for each centimeter of air they travel through. Calculate the range of the alpha...

View more questions Search