Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clarkeymanuk Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 06:52 AM
    On a break, feel helpless
    Hi,
    Me and my fiancé recently decided to have a break. Things were not the same as they used tobe. Basically I went to france with 3 work colleagues for the day (2 of which were girls) she's never really forgiven me for this. I told her about a week before I was going, and she knew all the people I was going with. And I can understand if it was the other way round because I would be upset about it to.
    Anyway, this situation has caused us to have a break. Sadly I have built up a lot of emotion and stress, And I'm now signed of work with depression and anxiety.
    I told my g/f I love her, she could not say the same, but I used to... when we decided to have this break she said she wanted to learn to love me again and or miss me. I have moved to my brothers house. However due to some of my depression my parents have been really upset, and have contacted my g/f mum. My parents knew of our situation but my g/f mum didn't. My g/f wanted to tell her mum in her own time in her own way, but now my parents have got involved its made my g/f more upset, she wants time to her self, she doesn't want to talk to me . Im trying my hardest to stay positive I want everything to work out, I truly love her with all my heart. But everythings a mess, the g/f is upset and confused, I'm depressed and our parents are trying to sort things out for us. Any help?
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jul 9, 2007, 09:49 AM
    My gosh, keep the parents out of it. It's none of her parents or your parents business for that matter and talk about something that would be a total turn off. You should have taken that trip, you should not be depressed, and you should give her the space she wants.

Jul 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead6
    My gosh, keep the parents out of it. It's none of her parents or your parents business for that matter and talk about something that would be a total turn off. You should have taken that trip, you should not be depressed, and you should give her the space she wants.
    The problem with the trip is that, she thinks the one of the girls who went is after me, I was with me male mate who also left his g/f bac home to come on the trip. It was simply a work day out.

And yes the parents are being a pain, there pushing my g/f away. And putting a lot of pressure on her. This shouldn't be the case, I made silly mistakes, I phoned her last night I shouldn't have done, but this is only because I care about her, and want to sort out our problems, but she clearly told me, she needs alone time. I'm going to respect that and leave her be, and work on myself. Hopefully we can sort things out
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 9, 2007, 10:10 AM
    The Parents Are The Last People Who Should Have Been Contacted... I Did That Before Called My Boyfriends Mother To Tell On Him... I Mean It Worked But He Didn't Appreciate It... Give Her Space...

Jul 9, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunta
    The Parents Are The Last People Who Should Have Been Contacted... I Did That Before Called My Boyfriends Mother To Tell On Him... I Mean It Worked But He Didnt Appreciate It... Give Her Space....
    Thank you, it's the only way I can see it happening, I will just give the space and hope x
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Tell the parents nicely to stay out of your business, and give your ex all the space she needs. Never bring parents into your love life. They mean well but will screw it up for you.

Jul 9, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Tell the parents nicely to stay out of your business, and give your ex all the space she needs. Never bring parents into your love life. They mean well but will screw it up for you.
    I know this, I'm sure my partner will to . I am finding it hard giving her space, because I'm the type of person who needs to know she's OK etc,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2007, 03:03 PM
    In always needing to know, you put undue pressure on her, and that's not giving someone space.

Jul 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
    I realised that, it just a waiting game now I suppose
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Jul 9, 2007, 07:01 PM
    How old are you guys that you have to get the parents involved?

Jul 9, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired
    How old are you guys that you have to get the parents involved?
    Both 22 , parents did this behind our backs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helpless but not hopeless [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer that will under no circumstances access the internet. I've checked anti-virus, firewall settings... It keeps telling me that the ping command is in use by another program, but I for the life of me can not narrow it down to which one. I've tried the following: Ping Ipconfig...

Smoking and Drinking,I am really depressed n helpless [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My boy friend had promised me when we got into a relationship that he will quit smoking.He did quit smoking for 3 months.I was fine with him having a occasional drink socially and told him so. But recently due to some issues in business... its been almost 2- 3 months now he drinks every...

Girlfriend wants a break - I feel heartbroken [ 33 Answers ]

Hi I have been going out with my girlfriend for 4 years and yesterday she said she wanted a 'break' from me so that we can miss each other and get back together stronger. I live away as well so this is probably the reason she wants apart, although I feel apart from her enough so I don’t see...

Dumped and Feeling Helpless [ 2 Answers ]

So I am a gay male and my exboyfriend and I were engaged for about 3 months and he then dumped me on Friday night. I feel so empty and need help to heal my heart. It aches when I try to sleep and then I can't sleep. I can't eat without getting sick and everywhere I go I am reminded about him....

Feeling helpless... again [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I will try to make this as short as possible. I am a 39 year old married mom of 4 children ages 10, 13, 17, and 20. The 20 year old recently moved out. Here is my story: Last April I found out my husband of 14 years was cheating on me. We separated (he left me). I begged him to...

View more questions Search