Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    origins13 Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Jul 9, 2007, 03:29 AM
    Can good guy friend become boyfriend?
    Haven't been around for awhile. Am happy to tell you all that (I think) I'm pretty much moved on from my ex of 5 years who has been a big jerk when he broke up with me. Reason I say so was because recently my ex called again after no contacts for months and he said he wants me back. Yet, he is seeing someone else now.

Despite of this, I realize I am starting to fall for my good friend. I knew him about six years ago but was never very close until recently. Since my break up, I was very depressed and he was always there for me. He has always been very protective of me. We chat on the phone almost everyday now.

The problem is, he has bad track records in terms of relationships. None of his relationships last more than a year. Recently, he is on a long distance with a girl while hitting on another girl in town. I'm so scared to develop any feelings for him. Am not sure if I'm just simply too lonely and he's just conveniently there. I don't know what to do.
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jul 9, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Okay, friendships can become relationships. From what you have said he is suspect to be with you less than a year, and hooking up behind your back. If he were interested in dating you would need to really consider that.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 9, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Hello.

RUN, if he is still playing games on Ladies then RUN away and don't look back. He can still be a friend but no way is he the kind of Guy you want a relationship with.

As for your EX, forget about him also. Unless you can work out all the problems that made him an Ex. And that's work them out before you let him come back the relationship will never work.

You're a special Lady so don't let Guys take advantage of you. Learn who you are and what you want from life and then go get it. If Mr. Right shows up great if Not then looking for him is a lot of fun. Once you find yourself and Love your own Life, Mr. Right will find you and he will add to your life not change it.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Recently, he is on a long distance with a girl while hitting on another girl in town.
    Doesn't sound very loyal and I would be afraid he may not be loyal or your friend, if he knew you were interested. Stay friends. Don't settle because your lonely, and he is close. There are other more positive ways to get around being lonely. Join a few groups to meet new people.
    origins13 Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Jul 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Falling in love with my best friend?
    I have a guy friend whom I met in college about 5 years ago and lately we got to know each other more and best buddies. He is kind of a player in terms of relationship but is a great friend and is very protective of me. He always there for me through the times when I was recovering from a bad breakup.

Last weekend when I brought him out to meet my other friends, I was jokingly and unintentionally isolated him. I think he got upset cause he felt left out. He didn't contact me since then. I dropped a note and said sorry, but he didn't response. I don't know what to do now. I felt very unease when I haven't heard from him for few days. Am I falling in love with him? I wonder if he has developed similar feelings toward me? I am not sure why he doesn't contact me? Was he really mad?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Only you can determine whether you love him or not; it sounds like you care about him though. Why did you feel the need to isolate him? I'm sure this make him feel very awkward around all of the new people he had just met and probably hurt his feelings. Sure he may have had been developing romantic feelings about you. It seems like he is truly upset about all of this which is probably the reason he hasn't contacted you in a few days. If I were you, I would track him down and patch things up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is dating a guy way to old for her [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, my friend is 14. She is dating a junior this year, she is a freshman. Anyway, this is her 4th b/f, 2nd real b/f, and within a week of going out he is grabbing her on her... backside. I am worried, I think she is either afraid of making him angry (he is a 3rd degree black belt), or she...

My friend stole my guy [ 17 Answers ]

What shall I do my friend stole my guy and I want him back what shall I do has anyone got any advice ? :confused:

Friend who's a guy [ 3 Answers ]

I like this guy in my class but he's also my best guy friend. How do I get his attention?

Guy Friend Issue? [ 6 Answers ]

There's this guy at school. We used to be friends at least we seemed to be... but now he's like saying that we have nothing in common which isn't true and that to stop talking to him in front of his friends and at school just say hi. Only time I can talk to him is on Facebook. A lot of people have...

Desperate to get a guy Friend [ 2 Answers ]

I am at the age where guys and girls go out and have fun, as for me... I have no guy friends whatsoever!! I have my eye on this guy whom I liked for a while, and I really want to become his friend. Every time I'm alone with him we are shy and sometimes we talk about little things. Next time I want...

View more questions Search