Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hocky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Re-setting Arc Fault Breaker
    After an electrical storm where elec service was interupted I can not re-set the two Bedroom Arc Fault Breakers. Breakers are mfd by Eaton & has small yellow test button on each. Says type BYAF. All else is well. Home is 1 year old in Florida. Please help.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 01:48 AM
    I suspect the breaker is defective and needs to be replaced. The unit contains electronic parts that can be easily damaged.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 06:33 AM
    I would remove wires out of breaker, and see if it will reset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arc Fault Breaker Questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house built in 1950 and I am upgrading the fuse box to one with breakers. Thanks for your answers in advance. My question is do you recommend using ARC FAULT breakers for all the old wiring? I know it will cost me more but the wiring is old. Does an ARC FAULT breaker also do the job...

Arc fault breaker wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Can I power two arc fault protected circuits through one 14-3 feeder? I intend to install two arc fault breakers in the panel and route the power to two bedrooms through a single run of 14-3 cable.

Arc fault circuit breaker [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a high rise condo building. My bedrooms(2) arc fault circuit breaker (1) seems to be in off position (the 15amp switch) after the power in my 2 bedrooms went out quietly during the day. However, I cannot move the 15 amp switch back to the 'on' position. What is the likely problem?

Bedroom arc fault [ 4 Answers ]

I know that bedroom circuits need to be on an arc fault breaker. If I have a light switch in a bedroom that operates a light outside the bedroom such as an exterior light, does that switch also need to be on an arc fault breaker? Thanks

ARC fault breakers ? [ 4 Answers ]

I see where the 2005 NEC requires ARC fault breakers on all bedroom circuits,lighting and wall recepticals. It appears that this is for new construction. Would this also apply to rewiring an old house? Thanks in advance. Tom

View more questions Search