Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssuperfly85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Family Members Won't Leave
    My boyfriends brother, sister,kids,girlfriend an kids were homeless and me and my boyfriend let them stay a week and they're week has been up for a while well my boyfriends brother had mail sent there so now he says he lives there an nothing I can do about an I am scared to go to my landlord cause we live in an apartment cause I'm scared they might evict us too for helping family can I just call the cops to come get them out or what do I need this is tearing us apart please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2007, 07:32 PM
    I would go into your local police station and explain the situation and ask what you can do. If your brother has been there only a few weeks, even if its more than a month, just getting some mail won't establish residency. But if the police agree with him that he has established residency, then he is your tenant and you will have to evict him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting Family Members [ 1 Answers ]

Xx

How to file tax return when other family members are not having SSN [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings of the day!! My name is Deepak Sahni and I am a foreigner to USA.

A renter looking to evict family members [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I made the silly life choice to let a family member stay in a property that I rent for just a few months while she got her stuff together to find her own place. Well as you can guess, she has yet to get her stuff together and it has been two years. She does pay rent to me for the...

How to get ITIN numbers for family members with H-2B visa? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My friend was here on an H-2B visa for 8 months in 2006. He is married with two kids. He supposes to file RESIDENT federal tax return based on IRS present test. (More than 183 days in USA) My question is: How he can get an ITIN number for his wife and two kids? I know that...

Eviction of family members [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my mother has an apartment with only her name on the lease , problem my sister and niece who are both grown have move in with her ,can I have them remove/evicted without my mothers consent or do I need to talk with the landlord or do I need my mothers consent to do this. Please help me with this...

View more questions Search