Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sa1122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2004, 09:49 AM
    Red Maple Trees
    Hello, I have a question, My question is How long are the Maple Tree's Roots? How wide are they? Also how big do they get?

Thanks

Sa1122
    Stronghold Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 02:38 PM
    What I have heard is that the tree up top is the same size of the root system below... but I think the size varys on the location of the nutrients avaible...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2005, 04:39 PM
    The roots being the same size as the top is what I have heard too. I have also heard a few roots may travel much farther. My garden is way beyond the drip line of my neighbor's walnut tree, but if I don't cut the roots off at the edge of the garden, it will kill my tomatoes. When a large tree is uprooted, the roots only seem to go out about 5 feet. Perhaps the longer ones break off.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 7, 2005, 05:22 PM
    Root facts
    Red Maples
    Mature Height: 40 to 60 feet.

Listed below you will find some information about tree roots. I hope it is some way helpful to you.

http://www.tlcfortrees.info/tree_root_myths.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peach Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I live in western Colorado and have a small 40 tree orchard. I have two standard Elberta peach trees that are 16 years old and I am going to pull. I want to replace them with a peach tree that ripens about the same time or a little later, but has good color. The Elberta ripens here about the...

Transplanting trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Norway (Ithink) maple that is about four years old and about 15-20 ft. tall. I would like to move it about 50 feet. Can I? How

Trees in lawn [ 2 Answers ]

"In my area of michigan spring time bring about an avalanche of those twirling tree seeds that fall everywhere. I just put in a new lawn from seed and the tree seeds fell in the yard as well. Naturally I could not rake them out without disturbing the new seed. Now I have tiny tree saplings growing...

Radically Pruning Multi-Stem Maple Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have 32 multi-stem maple trees that are a nightmare to keep trimmed. They were originally planted as a hedge between this property and two others. They were already 10+ feet tall when I bought this house and each year, I struggle to keep them at that height. I even bought a Komatsu RedMAx long...

Maple trees: [ 2 Answers ]

We live in OK. And just recently moved and the home we bought has maple trees, variety I am unsure of. This whole housing addition is full of maple trees. Our problem is we are elderly and thought when we left the oak trees behind we would not be cleaning gutters & raking the yard constantly. My...

View more questions Search