Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DiRBoN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2005, 03:15 PM
    My computer doesn't start. It gives me 3 beeps.
    When I switch on my computer, its starts but my monitor stays black and muy computer gives me 3 beeps and stays on but inactive. I don't know if the problem is the computer or the monitor (The monitor is on but with the orange light instead of the green light). Someone help me please? :(
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 11, 2005, 05:35 PM
    BIOS Beep Codes
    Check out the beep codes at Techrepublic... Specific beep codes depends on the BIOS and PC manufacturer.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-103...ml?tag=search#
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2005, 03:44 AM
    Sounds like your graphics card has come loose. It should just be a case of opening up your PC and ensuring that the card is seated properly. Best thing to do would be to take the card completely out of its slots and then put it back in. You'll probably have ot be a little firm with it to make sure it's in properly.

Only open up the PC if you are confident doing so though. You can do a lot of damage to your PC and/or yourself if you don't know what you are doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car doesn't start when hot [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, This post is about my car. It's a 1971 chevelle malibu 350 v-8 4bbl. The car will start up fine when its cold. But after its hot it won't start. I was at a gas station filling her up, went to start it and it only cranked, I then waited about 30 minutes then tried again. It struggled...

My 1991 civic doesn't want to start [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1991 honda civic dx that won't start I just changed the whole starter including the offset gear that is attached and changed the 50a fuse that is under the hood no response everything comes on in the car but starter doesn't respond at all I can push start the car but in dire need...

New computer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have put together a new computer: mother board, cd rom, hard drive, AGP video card, DDR memory stick. Power up the unit, fans come on, lights on mother board, no post beep, nothing on monitor..? I've removed everything and tried starting... nothing still. Any thoughts?

Computer doesn't start :( [ 11 Answers ]

I have a P4 3.0 HT with an ASUS P4S800 motherboard. I moved to another city last week and brought my desktop along. Now its just not working. When I press the power button the CPU fan runs but there are no beeps or anything and the system just doesn't boot up. On the screen its written "No...

Computer does not start AT ALL [ 9 Answers ]

A friend of mine put some more RAM in his computer. After that, it did not start. At all. No power light, fan, sounds, anything. Even with the new RAM out it still does not work. Am I right in assuming that even if the motherboard got fried somehow the power supply should still turn on? Is it...

View more questions Search