Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abs_1986 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Cat pee smell won't go
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of the cat pee smell and to keep our cat from going in the same spot. Our couches just STINK and we can't seem to get rid of the smell and the cat continues to go on the couch! HELP
    Just to clearify that my male cat is neutered
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 02:32 PM
    I use a product call Urine Gone. It is about 10.00 dollars for a bottle. Get it at walgreens or some of the other big chain stores. Follow exact directions on bottle .I'm in the U.S.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jul 8, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Your cat is marking it's territory. I assume it's a male cat?The reason I ask is my female cat doesn't do that and my sister had a male cat that did. I've heard that ammonia will get the smell off floors and rugs and keep them from spraying that same spot. I don't know about putting it on your couch though. I'm pretty sure there is a spray you can get that is supposed to keep cats from spraying furniture.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2007, 02:43 PM
    If your cat isn't neutered, please take it to a vet to have this done. Unneutered males (and even some unspayed females) spray to mark their territory. The urine smell is extremely strong.

If your cat is neutered, like others here have said, there are products available at petstores, or check with a vet for help.
    fluffy1962 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Abs_1986
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of the cat pee smell and to keep our cat from goign in the same spot. our couches just STINK and we can't seem to get rid of the smell and the cat continues to go on the couch! HELP
    just to clearify that my male cat is neutered
    Use vinegar and water That gets rid of the smell and the cats don't like the smell of the vinegar either
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 04:08 PM
    You can try all the suggestions above, but if the couch is really bad, you may have to just get rid of it. And if you do try some of the odor removers, make sure that you really soak the couch down. The problem most likely is that the urine has gotten into the nooks and crevices inside the couch, and it may be impossible to get it out. But if you soak the same spots the cat went, you can hope that the new liquid winds up in the same spots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with pee pee problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a middle aged spayed male dog that I got from a shelter. I've had him for little over 1yr. He won't stop peeing in the house. I never see him do it but I find it. I don't think he does it while I'm home. He never poops in the house but he lifts his leg on things. I've never had a male dog...

Cat pee! [ 2 Answers ]

My cat of 5 yrs has suddenly decided to stop using her litter box. She has replaced it with my daughters room! My daughters room had all new carpet, so no previous animals have soiled it. The cat prefers to go under my girl's bed, so we moved the bed and shampooed the carpets. The cat is...

Odd "Pee" smell in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 4 year old and as most know, they can get distracted.. so we clean the bathroom almost every other day... We then realized that all the cleaning doesn't get rid of the odd "Pee" smell. We cleaned everying - walls, tile, toilet, sink you name it and it got blasted by pinesol. The...

Housetraining lab, he won't pee outside! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All... My black lab is crate trained. He asks to go outside to poo always. We have had him a week and I think that's good, right! He is 13 weeks old and 22lb (big for his age) The trouble we are having is with his peeing. We started all wrong and paper trained him. We then took...

Cat doesn't want to pee in litter pan [ 6 Answers ]

One of my cats, I have four will poop in the litter pan but won't pee in it. I have tried everything. She has one place in the garage where she does this all the time. Seems like I've tried eveything and I've had cats for years and have never had to deal with this before.

View more questions Search