Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shy_girl Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Nails.how to make them flipping stronger!
    Hi, I'm thirteen and all I seem to care about is how I look lately, I like making a good impression of myself but my nails really let me down, I've tried nail strengthener, jelly cubes, and nothing... my nails aren't the slightest bit stronger... it takes the mick! Has anyone got any advice on how to strengthen nails... any thoughts welcome... im desperate!
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jul 8, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Well nail strengthener always works for me, or you could get fake nails. But really, as long as your nails are clean and shiny, who really cares how long they are?

Jul 8, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Thanks, I guess your right.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 11:11 AM
    A good well balanced diet will make them stronger- but this takes a while.

Jul 8, 2007, 11:17 AM
    I allways thought I had a healthy enough diet... I drink plenty of water and eat my five a day... I guess I'm just not meant to have strong nails.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Sounds good. Try clear nail varnish it'll strengthen them a bit. Rockerchick is right though - clean and shiny, after that no one notices.

Jul 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Ok , thanks both of you... its like my first day using this and I've foud it really helpful.
    Thanks a bunch.
    .x.x.x.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 8, 2007, 12:29 PM
    If you want strong and healthy nails, moisturize your nails and cuticles once a day, preferably at bedtime. I also recommend applying a nail hardener. You can apply it alone or before you apply regular polish.

A good diet can help promote healthy nails and harden them as well. A diet that consists of a combination of fruits and vegetable, and protein fiber foods will help create healthy strong nails. There are also over the counter supplements, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin, calcium, and iron that will result in harder nails.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flipping houses [ 1 Answers ]

Do you need a real estate license to flip houses?

Nails from the salon [ 1 Answers ]

I got my nails done about 2 weeks ago. I want to remove them soon but I don't have the money to get them taken off. Is there any way to take them off with out damaging the nail underneath and without ripping them off?

Flipping Coins, Seeking Heads [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I know if I flip a coin the chances are 50/50 that I will get either heads or tails. Let's say I get tails. What are the chances that I will get heads the second toss? I understand at one level it's 50/50 each toss... but still I feel there should be at least a slightly greater...

T-nails [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Using W2K pro and have a bunch of jpg photos in folders. Now at one time when I open a folder I could see all thumbnails of photos(actual picture) and just scroll through to pick them. But somewhere along the lines aka program change or removal, I no longer see them instead an icon of what...

Cover art flipping the next finger [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever seen a cd with cover showing a guy sticking up his ring finger instead of his middle? If so please tell me the name of the band.

View more questions Search