Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basketballchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 08:16 AM
    The Gap
    I wore braces from approx. 1994 - 1996, and they did indeed do the job they were suppose to do. Unfortunately in the years that followed I didn't quite wear my retainers the way that I should have. My bottom teeth are still nicely aligned (straight), but the gap between my upper front teeth that the braces were able to close has returned. Can I go back to wearing my retainers to correct the problem, or what can I do?:confused:
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 07:47 PM
    You can try your retainer. It probably won't fit anymore and may need to be remade or adjusted.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jul 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
    If your old retainer still fits correctly then you can most likely correct the problem by wearing them like you're supposed to. If you're unable to get your retainer back in then you need to make another appointment with your orthodontist. He will determine if you can correct it with different retainers or if you will need to have braces again. The sooner you get the problem under control, the less work it will take. I know retainers can be a hassle but your teeth will go back to the way they were if you do not wear them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The gap between OPT and H1-B [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am still a student on F1 right now but will graduate on May and I have some questions on the Gap between OPT and H1-B. I am applying for my OPT and it should be effective from June 1st or July 1st. As far as I know, H1-B will be effective from Oct 1st each year. So, if I apply for...

Air Gap, yes or no? [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Sherrie McIntyre and I live in Washington State. I have a home that was built in 1952. I am replacing the drain pipes under my sink after removing a non-working, non-repairable dishwasher. It was an under the sink model and we will not be replacing it at this time. I discovered that...

Magnito gap [ 1 Answers ]

I have been repairing my Murray 17 rider. Does any one know how much gap I need for the magnito so that the sparkplug gets its spark?

How do I deal with the Gap between OPT and H1-B? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am still a student on F1 right now but will graduate on May and I have some questions on the Gap between OPT and H1-B. I am applying for my OPT and it should be effective from June 1st or July 1st. As far as I know, H1-B will be effective from Oct 1st each year. So, if I apply for...

Air gap overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my air gap for the diswasher overflow

View more questions Search