Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jul 7, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Cement mixer expert needed!
    Hi there,

If you are experienced with different types of cement mixers and the capabilities and limitations of their applications... please read on.

I am looking for a cement mixer capable of holding and mixing 4-5 cubic feet of cement. The mix is a sand aggregate only 3:1 with portland cement. Previously I have only used the style of mixer which has a center auger with paddle fingers and they work great. I am wondering if a drum style mixer would be capable of mixing my cement and what would be the advantages and/or disadvantages I would experience with one style or the other.

Center auger and paddles mixers seem to be hard to find to purchase new or used, and the ones I find are generally very expensive. Drum style are readily available and have definite potrability and cost advantages but I am concerned that they will not mix properly or somehow affect the mix which is dense and smooth like a plaster. I will consider electric or gas powered with certain preference to electric if I new what the motor size and current draw would be. Also can the electric motor handle a thick plaster mix that weighs 300lbs plus water?

Any advice from someone who really knows this subject would be fantastic. I have searched extensively on the net, but have found little relatable, experienced information.

Thank you.

Steve Goodale

Check out some similar questions!

How to get dj mixer [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get a free dj/mixer software? If so where?

Mixer tap [ 2 Answers ]

No hot water through downstairs mixer tap! Please , any ideas.

Mixer shower [ 11 Answers ]

Just replaced the head on a fixed head shower,put the new head on and turned the shower on,nothing coming out of shower,floor covered in water,where have I gone wrong?:confused:

Bathroom Mixer Tap [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There, I Was Wondering If Anyone Know's How To Fix The Bathroom Mixer Tap. When You Turn It On, ( the hot water tap on the bath ) It Only Turns A Small Amount And The Water Comes Out Ever So Slow.. It HAS Been Doing That For A While now, But Now It Is gettind Bad. Its Very Slow. Can Anyone...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.