Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maduckie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Outgoing Drain Behind Vanity Cabinet Not Aligned with Sink Drain Tube in New Sinktop
    I'm installing a new vanity cabinet and new marble vanity top, both slightly larger than the originals. The problem we've encountered is that the drainage pipe that will exit sink water from the sink to the house -- the PVC pipe in the house/wall -- is not aligned with the new location of the sink drain that was displaced because of the increased width of the new cabinet. Does anyone have any tips on how we can connect the house tube with the sink pipe even though the two are offset? We've tried what seems to be dozens of various PVC pipes and configurations and we're at our wits end now. :( We've done everything else ourselves and surely don't want to let our fingers do the walking for this last task. For what it's worth, the PVC in the wall appears to be 1 1/2" and the sink drainage tube is 1 1/4". THANKS to anyone who can give us any tips. :D
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maduckie
    I'm installing a new vanity cabinet and new marble vanity top, both slightly larger than the originals. The problem we've encountered is that the drainage pipe that will exit sink water from the sink to the house -- the PVC pipe in the house/wall -- is not aligned with the new location of the sink drain that was displaced because of the increased width of the new cabinet. Does anyone have any tips on how we can connect the house tube with the sink pipe even though the two are offset? We've tried what seems to be dozens of various PVC pipes and configurations and we're at our wits end now. :( We've done everything else ourselves and surely don't want to let our fingers do the walking for this last task. For what it's worth, the PVC in the wall appears to be 1 1/2" and the sink drainage tube is 1 1/4". THANKS to anyone who can give us any tips. :D
    This is not a major problem. Go to a Lowe's store or what ever type home store you have and get the reducers and piping to do the off set. Most of these stores will answer any questions you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Vanity drain offset from pipes under sink [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a space-saver vanity where our old, larger vanity used to be. I failed to notice that the existing pipe is now not lined up with the new vanity drain. It's about 4"-6" from the top of the existing trap to the bottom of the new vanity and 4" off-center. Is there such a thing as a...

Vanity Staron (like Corian) Overflow drain lines [ 5 Answers ]

We are trying to install a new Staron double bowl lavatory vanity top. We have put in a Moen Asceri faucet with pop up drain. They have included a plastic adaptor for the drain to hook the overflow tube from the sink, and you put it between the sink underside and the tailpiece. It is white plastic...

New sink drain 2" off from existing drain [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry for the dumb novice question, but thanks in advance for the advice. My new lavatory sink's drain is 2" away from lining up with the existing p- trap drain pipe. I REALLY don't want to cut off the whole p-trap drain to install a new one that would fit where I need it (as someone has...

Vanity drain line and water supply [ 5 Answers ]

Tom, I have a couple of questions for you. I am installing a double simk vanity. What is the standard for the drain line coming through the wall, as far as how high off the floor, and how far through the wall should it protrude for the trap adapter etc. same thing for the supply lines coming...

View more questions Search