Mailing address

Martin Maynard
    4855 Spring Creek Road
    Mannford, OK 74044
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Hi,
    Someone already told how to find it, but it was not an active link. This is a printer-friendly pdf parts breakdown file at the end of this link:

Murray-40508X92A-LAWN-TRACTOR-(2000)-PARTS-LIST.pdf
    jalanf Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2012, 05:10 AM
    I found out I can send A scaned copy. What email IF it arrives please let me know that you received it all

Jeff
    jalanf Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2012, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmaynard View Post
    Mailing address

Martin Maynard
    4855 Spring Creek Road
    Mannford, OK 74044
    I sent a zip file to the others whom wanted this manual where is your email? I can't find it

Jeff
    mdmaynard Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jalanf View Post
    I sent a zip file to the others whom wanted this manual where is your email? i can't find it

Jeff
    [email protected]
    oldmech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
    I was wondering if you still had that manual for Murray 40508x92A. If so I would really like a copy if possible! Send to [email protected]. Thanks.
    erpitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jalanf View Post
    I sent a zip file to the others whom wanted this manual where is your email? i can't find it

Jeff
    Do you still have a copy of the manual? Can you please email to [email protected]?

Thanks.
    shadowclown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Can you please send me a copy of this manual. I am trying to fix the mower deck, and can't find the manual anywhwere. Thanks! [email protected]

Sep 3, 2012, 01:24 PM
    Hi,
    The parts manual is here:
    http://www.outdoordistributors.com/p...PARTS-LIST.pdf
    Peace,
    Clarke
    mach10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 07:03 AM
    I went through that problem too. Most people say lower it all the way to the ground and adjust but this is how I did it.
    Step:
    1. Put the mower on a flat, even surface such as a level driveway or in your garage.
    1. Lower the deck to the height you normally cut at.
    2. Take a ruler, yardstick, t-square, not a tape (it bends) and measure the distance from the bottom of the front edge of the deck on the left side to the ground and write it down.
    3. Do the same for the right side of the deck. Make sure you are measuring the same thing, IE. If you are measuring the bottom of the curled up lip on one side measure the bottom of the curled up lip on the other side. Also, the further apart your measurements are the better.
    4. You can adjust either the high side or the low side. This is for the low side.
    5. On the side that is low, look under the lawn mower between the deck and the bottom of mower at the rear of the deck. There will be a lever the attaches the deck to the lift mechanism. Where it attaches to the deck there will be a very large plastic wing nut looking nut that pinches this lever against another lever that attaches the deck to the mower body. This lever has a slot in the top of it where it attaches to the mower.
    6. Now go around the mower and take a good look at the other side (high side) paying particular attention to the levers and their positions. Make sure the vertical bar with the slot in it is all the way down. IE. The slot's top is on the pin that attaches it to the mowers frame.
    7. Go back around the mower and loosen the large wing nut and with you hands move the lever and vertical bar around until it looks like the other side. You may want to put shims under the deck to hold it in position.
    8. tighten the nut and remove the shims.
    9. Now, measure the decks from edges again. You should be close to an identical reading.
    10. If not repeat the process making minor vertical adjustments (up or down) with shims until the deck measurements are within about 1/16".
    11. When they are your done.

Oct 3, 2012, 08:49 PM
    Hi,
    Depends on the deck, but always block the deck with one or two 2x4s to get an even spacing. Long explanation for what is so easy. Done half a dozen with other preps too in an hour.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    bondebond Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Can you also send me a copy of the owner's manual? [email protected]

Nov 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
    Hi bondebond,
    The links are already in the answers. Parts manual in post #29 and owners manual in post #22.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    bondebond Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 11:27 PM
    Both of those are the parts manuals. I am still in search of the owners manual. I was hoping someone still had their hands on that one.

Nov 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Hi,
    Apologies, so they are and I posted both links. That manual is the subect of a number of requests at the Lawn and Garden part of ManualOnline as a matter of fact. I know it is not avaialable at Murray, I could tell you why. I do not know if there was a Home Depot version, but some of them keep manuals around. The mosel number breaks down like this. 40 is the deck size, 40". 508 describes the machine; sheet metal, engine, transmission, etc. The "x" is a separator. 92 is the vendor number; in this case it is Walmart. The same thing at Home Depot is an X8A.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

17.5 Murray riding mower 3 blade deck belts [ 5 Answers ]

I have this riding mower and need to know the # for the blade engage belt. The one on there is too big..

How to keep second floor deck from dripping water onto first floor deck [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning to build a second floor deck over an existing deck. Will be 16 x 12 when finished. My question is this. We don't want the upper deck to allow water to drip onto the lower deck when raining. How can this be prevented? I want to use 5/4 decking on top, but don't see how we can do that...

Deck Landing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm building an "L" shaped staircase for a 10' high deck. A 6'X6' pad was already poured to support the bottom of the lower set of stairs. Can another pad be poured for the stair landing or are piers required for landings? The landing will be 4'X4'. We're building on a slope and locating piers...

View more questions Search