Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yankykate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Marriage Problems
    My husband and I have been married for over 10 years - he is a workaholic and I have known this from the very beginning but I loved him and thought it would be OK. This is my 3rd marriage and his 2d - I am retired and he is still very much working. I just do not know what to do - I love him very much and I think he loves me, but he told me today that he doesn't know what he wants except that he wants to be with me forever. I am so tired of always asking him to talk and then when he does it just is about work, nothing else (I am not exaggerating believe me). I do not have hardly any family around, I have a couple of friends, but I am not very social - what scares me most is being alone with nobody that cares about me = am I insane? Why am I so afraid to be alone - I think it is because I have basically no family that cares anything about me. I am normally a positive person but this is taking its toll on me - please give any advice , help!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Workaholic,

Well I know a few people that are major workaholics and let me tell you because of what I have seen I have done the complete opposite. Just to make sure that I have more time at home and have quality time with my wife and child.

Too much work, just causes tension and grief for the partner at the same time maybe there is a very deep seeded reason why he still feels the need to work. Some people just can not stop working. Some people are naturally just wants to continue to work because it makes them feel useful and alive and keeps their mind busy. Your retired but he is not. That could cause some tension. Now the question is, is it possible that you can get involved in any groups so you could have your own thing to do. Everybody needs an outlit and everybody needs to have another hobbie or something they do on their own. Does this make sense? Even if it was some part time job, or volunteering. Something that will keep you busy and keep you active.

Hope You join a group or do something else and guarantee it will help you.
    I also think it is important that your feelings here and concerns are brought up to your husband to, maybe you will find a deep seeded reason on why he feels the need to work so much. Also you have said he has always done that. So I am thinking he has a good reason too, Why not communicate and hopefully you will be able to find a reason. Maybe there will be more of an understanding between the both of you.

Best wishes to you and I know everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Marriage problems [ 3 Answers ]

:( My husband and I have been married for 17 years. In December he started having an affair with a co-worker 21 years his junior. I immediately noticed a changed in him and inquired rather he was having an affair, of course he denied. Well later I found a text message from her on his work cell...

Past marriage, future problems [ 4 Answers ]

I am 26 and I’ve been with my current girlfriend for the past year and a half. We have been living together for the past 4 months or so. We are perfect together, and I can see myself in this for the long haul. The hard part comes in accepting her past. I’ve known her for a long time, and about...

Marriage problems [ 2 Answers ]

Want a divorce married a gay man

View more questions Search