Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weird1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Post Period Brown Blood
    Hi,
    My period was supposed to end about 2 days ago, it will be a full 9 days today. There is a brownish blood still coming out, mostly when I go to the bathroom, although it seems to hang around all day. It's not a lot, but enough to make me worry. I had sex with my boyfriend during my period because it was so light... although we used protection and the condom didn't break ( I always check after), I am still worried. Is it possible to still be old blood even though its day9?
    Confused and worried:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 7, 2007, 04:58 PM
    It is very possible that this is old blood. Sometimes mother nature throws us a curve ball and it lasts a little longer than usual.

Usually I refer people to the doctor, but I don't really think it is necessary in this case. Could be very normal depending on your age.
    weird1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the answer... I am 21, and have had my period since I was 16, but this has never happened before. I really wouldn't want to go to the doctor over something like this, but sex is new to me so I don't really know what to expect with this sort of stuff. Hopefully this is nothing, and is merely an extension to the light period I had last week...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge only no blood when on period [ 10 Answers ]

I am 13 an I have recently had protected sex with ma boyfriend. My period came but there was no blood just brown stuff! I am really worried normally ma periods are heavy and last a full 7 days but last time it was only 4-5 days! Should I go and see a doctor- what do you think could be wrong...

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Brown blood [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 4 days I have been bleeding brownish blood, it has never happened to me and my periods are always regular, when I started it was the regular time for me to start, but what came out of me was not regular, I am really worried I am not pregnant I know that for sure. What could be the...

Menstration contains brown blood [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 40 year old woman and 4 months ago I noticed that towards the end of my period the blood would be dark brown. Actually the blood during the period all seems a little bit darker, but definitely after the first 2 or 3 days it is dark brown. I am on schedule and have no other differences to my...

Brown blood [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I started my cycle on Tuesday and it was redish in color A day later it was brown color. I have lower back pains but not bad pains. What could this be from?

View more questions Search