Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Right then, for the complete avoidance of doubt, especially for our "chat speak" typing, attitude ridden teen, here is the breakdown for the island of Guernsey and Jersey.

Ages of consent in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now babz888 quit trying to tell us otherwise in your abortion of the English language and READ the LAW.
    It's very simple really and you don't have to use your finger to follow the words.
    You do, how ever, have to engage the solitary brain cell to try and comprehend the long words involved.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babz888
    i am ryt, the age of consent is 15 here,,i did prove you rong when you z he would go to jail because he most def wont
    You don't get it do you? You can't prove someone was wrong when they gave the correct info based on the facts presented. If you ask someone to add 2+2 and they say 4 you can't say they were wrong (not rong) because you meant 2+3. If you actually did live in the UK as you told us, then he would be risking jail. So we were right (not ryt) in what we said.

Have you ever heard the saying "methinks he doth protest too much"? It refers to someone who fights very hard to support a position that isn't supportable. That you are fighting so hard to make us think you will make a success of this relationship, makes me believe you have very large doubts and are trying to convince yourself.

I would like nothing better then that you do prove us wrong and make a success of this. I just have very large doubts that you will. And I KNOW (not no) that encouraging others to emulate you is bad advice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Here's another, slightly easier to read for you, since it is obvious you have some learning difficulties.

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states
    babz888 Posts: 52, Reputation: -5

Aug 10, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Country... FRANCE Male-FemaleSex 15 Male-Male Sex 15 Female-Female Sex 15

I think you'll find that the law says 15 years old.

So... you've just said to yourself in that last comment that you, yourself and you were WRONG as it clearly states in that table that it is LEGAL for a 15 YEAR OLD to have sex.

Thank you.
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2007, 10:55 AM
    YOU AREN'T IN FRANCE OR A FRENCH CITIZEN !!!!!

So the LAW of the United Kingdom applies.

Now quit beating a dead horse, or in this case a dead thread.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Country... FRANCE Male-FemaleSex 15 Male-Male Sex 15 Female-Female Sex 15
    So go to france to have sex and then go home to jail.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
    >Edited obscenities< I Am Living In France... >Edited childish disparaging comments<
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 11:00 AM
    its perfectly legal in the uk with parental consent...i could b dating a 99 yr old and with parental consent it would be ok....thts the way it should be too....
    So, which is it dear? The UK or France?

You just said right here you are in the UK.

Aug 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
    so.... you've just said to yourself in that last comment that you, yourself and you were WRONG as it clearly states in that table that it is LEGAL for a 15 YEAR OLD to have sex.
    Your immaturity is showing again. You so desparately want to prove us wrong. But we can't be wrong when you change the facts. You started saying you were in the UK and the age of consent there is 16. If you are a UK citizen, then you are underage. If you are a French citizen, then you can legally have sex. No one has said anything different so none of us have been wrong (except you).

Aug 10, 2007, 11:13 AM
    I was born in the uk... catrick army camp to be precise my father was in the army I travelled around as his bases kept changing from catrick 2 germany... when my father died last year I moved to calais and have remained here... alot of the people living here are from the uk and class themselves as a citizen of the uk... as do I... so... where am I lying? How does that make me immature.. exactly.. wise up.. you's r the harsh immature ones hu slabber at 15 year old girls hu try to get their point across...
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Shame you NOT posting from Calais really isn't it.
    Not only does your IP address identify you as posting from the UK, but so do your earlier comments.
    Now would you like to stop mucking us all about and admit that YOU are in the wrong.

As has been said earlier, YOU are an English citizen and as such governed by UK law, irrespective of what country you are living in.

Aug 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Clearly I am posting from calais.. you musnt be that good with computers if you can't tell ip addresses apart... if I was in the uk you not think I would think about ip addresses before id s'posably lie? Exactly... I may be 15 but I am rather smart... im not such the dumbass yous all think I am.
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Sorry, but I don't think you are a "dumbass" as you have clearly demonstrated that all by yourself.

Now someone with alleged smarts would know when they are on a losing streak and back out gracefully, rather than continue arguing a pointless cause.

Aug 10, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Whtever you say... you being you would probably get a buzz out of arguing with 15 year olds... but clearly I didn't state it myself if you are the 1 that thought and thinks probably that I am in the uk down to an ip address which should clearly state that I am in france.. so whtever tickles your pickle love.

Aug 10, 2007, 11:40 AM
    i moved to calais and have remained here...alot of the people living here are from the uk and class themselves as a citizen of the uk...as do i...so.....where am i lying?? how does that make me immature..exactly..wise up..you's r the harsh immature ones hu slabber at 15 year old girls hu try to get their point across...
    No one said you are lying, just that you have been misleading. Your profile says location: In the UK. You have identified yourself as being in the UK, you still class yourself as a UK citizen. So we, naturally, checked the UK laws. You now admit that you reside in France. You don't say whether the creep, whoops boyfriend, is a UK or French citizen. But, if you travel to the UK, he may be letting himself in for prosecution because you are a UK citizen.

As to what makes you immature, I've given several examples, I'm not going to repeat them.

As for us wanting to get our point across. It is morally, if not legally wrong for a 29 yr old to be dating, let alone having sex with a 15 yr old. That is a very important point to make.

Aug 10, 2007, 11:43 AM
    OK but I don't care what u think as I have z several times because I will follow my heart... so thnks for the advice but its not needed.
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Question Closed !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble with 20 year old [ 14 Answers ]

:( my daughter graduated 2 years ago still living at home. She has changed. She doesn't like me to hug her. She puts more importance in her friends. ( which we have questioned) she is very aware of having a relationship with God. She does well.. until she starts hanging out with her friends.. she...

Is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa [ 59 Answers ]

:confused:is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa and if not why

I think I'm in love after the first date.hope I don't mess up by being clingy! [ 3 Answers ]

I've had my ups and downs with dating since recovering from a break-up from a long-term relationship about a year ago. I recently met a beautiful and smart "nice girl" through a friend and we totally hit it off on our first official date last night. Compared to the bar trash I've been hooking up...

Do believe you can be in love with someone without wanting to date them? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a guy and I have a friend who I have known for a few years. Her and I are pretty close and recently she has been there for me at times where I was down and it felt good. More recently I have thought about her a lot more often than usual and I worry about things for her that normally come in...

View more questions Search