Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2007, 09:51 AM
    A 14 year old is often more likely to listen to a peer than an adult especially if the peer is unchallenged. The fact is that people often lurk at sites like these reading the advice to apply to their own situations. So, no its not immature to challenge bad advice from ANYONE, whatever age they be.

And who is saying there isn't or won't be sex? You are naïve as well as immature if you expect such a relationship will be totally chaste.

So now you are saying you didn't have sex with this 29 year old until AFTER he knew you were only 15? And you think because your mother OKed him dating you that's going to keep him out of jail?

Girl, you are living in a fantasy world and someday, probably soon, it going to come crashing down on your head. I am very sure of that. But I'm not going to let you give bad advice that will lead some other girl down the same dangerous path you have taken.

Keep trying to argue with me. It only shows how immature you are. I'm trying to protect people from bad advice, you are trying to lead them into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by babz888
    good for you...i dont have a dad bcuz he died but yea mayb e wuda put him in jail...doubt it though...he always wanted me to b happy..and as for anyone who wud even say bout puttn der child in a doghouse is an irresponsible parent.
    More evidence of your immaturity. A parent who wants their child to be happy wouldn't let them be exploited by someone twice their age. And Tal's doghouse comment was figurative not literal. I can tell, if I could, I would be reporting your pedophile BF to the police.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Well Darling here in the States your boyfriend would be in jail. It is illegal what you and your boyfriend are doing. Here in the states we would consider him to be contributing to the delinquency of a minor as well as statutory rape. Which is neither her nor there. Maybe its different in the UK.

It does not stop the fact that a man who dates a young girl is a predator. This question is NOT about you. It is about whether it is okay in the States for him to pursue a relationship with a 14 year old. No it is not okay. Period end of story. Its not open to opinion there are laws.
    babz888 Posts: 52, Reputation: -5

Aug 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
    maybe so but hu z the fella hu posted the comment is from the states?
    I don't care what u's think about mi relationship. I'm not the 1 hu asked for advice... im giving it.. its not up to you to defend or be cocky and getty about my comment its up to the fella hu posted it to decide not u's... u's had the chance to say what u's thought... now I'm saying what I think e should do... sorry if yous do disagree but life doesn't revolve around you's.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
    *quote*And who is saying there isn't or won't be sex? You are naïve as well as immature if you expect such a relationship will be totally chaste. * quote*

Him... the fella hu posted the comment z it... not me... him... he could wait until she was legal before having sexual intercoarse but still date her up until then. So don't give me all the chaste bull.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
    With a little bit of SuperModerator powers I know what state he is in. He is in the states and it is illegal in that state.

It may even be illegal in the UK with your age gap.

These men can be labeled sex offenders for the rest of their lives!!

Aug 10, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Its perfectly legal in the uk with parental consent... I could b dating a 99 yr old and with parental consent it would be OK... thts the way it should be too...

Aug 10, 2007, 10:06 AM
    maybe so but hu z the fella hu posted the comment is from the states?
    i dont care wht u's think about mi relationship. im not the 1 hu asked for advice...im giving it..its not up to you to defend or be cocky and getty about my comment its up to the fella hu posted it to decide not u's.... u's had the chance to say wht u's thought...now im sayin wht i think e shud do....sorry if yous do disagree but life doesnt revolve around you's.
    You are entitled to your opinion but so are we. However, we pride ourselves on the quality of advice we give here. And we are not going to let someone with little or no life experience lead someone else down a dangerous path. If you give questionable or bad advice we will counter it. I think the only thing keeping your boyfriend from jail is that they don't know you had sex with him. But if you are pregnant, that will change.

Oh, and by the way, this is a bulletin board, not a chat, IM or text messaging. There is no need to use chat speak here.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:08 AM
    He won't go to jail with my parental consent... even if I am pregnant.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:09 AM
    All I'm saying on the fella hu posted this comment is to go for it and I wish you all the best xox
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Actually, you are wrong. The age of consent in London is 16. So it is illegal. Whether your parents agree or not.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:13 AM
    I am right... I don't live in england I live in ova part of uk.
    Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Are you telling me that England is NOT in the UK?

Aug 10, 2007, 10:16 AM
    its perfectly legal in the uk with parental consent...i could b dating a 99 yr old and with parental consent it would be ok....thts the way it should be too....
    Sorry, but no. According to what I have read the age of consent in the UK is 16 (17 in Ireland). And, if the older party was over 21 then there is no excuse about not knowing or consent.

So, if the authorities find out you had sex with him he's in jail. If this creep really loves you, he would have waited.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 10, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I am posting just so others are aware who are expending energy in replying to the original post.

toddlovell19 originally posted his question on Jul 7, 2007, 04:10 PM and has not so much as logged back onto this site since "Last Activity: Jul 7, 2007 04:10 PM."
    The one and only post from this 'tod'...
    Maybe I'm paranoid, but being a new grandma, the user name makes me think of 'toddler'.. and that leads to other things.
    It's never too early to pass on respect and morality to your children, or they will wind up posting threads like this one..

Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 10:18 AM
    United Kingdom England, Scotland, Wales Jersey, Isle of Man
    16 16 16
    United Kingdom Northern Ireland 17 17 17
    United Kingdom Guernsey and Gibraltar
    16 18 16

So anyway you look at it, he is committing a crime.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:24 AM
    I live the tip of france... everyone that lives here consider themselves part of the uk so sorry to prove you's all rong but I am right.

Age consent here is 15 with parental consent.

O yea and scott or hueva you are... my boyfriend is not a creep.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
    i live the tip of france...everyone that lives here consider themselves part of the uk so sorry to prove you's all rong but i am right.
    No we aren't wrong, we were going by what you told us. However, France has set the age of consent at 15. So your creep, whoops boyfriend, appears to be safe from prosecution. I still doubt that it will last because you seem too immature to have an adult relationship.

o yea and scott or hueva u r...my bf is not a creep.
    Sorry, but I will ALWAYS view a 29 yr old dating a 15 yr old (let alone having sex with them) as a creep. The age difference is too great for him not to be.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Dating at 14 is fine in the UK, BUT once there is sex then the "boy" is guilty of Statutory Rape and WILL be imprisoned and be put on the Sex Offenders list for LIFE.
    Parental consent has NOTHING to so with this.
    Especially for the Geographically Challenged, England is in the UK and NOT the other way round.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:36 AM
    I seem to immature... but I'm not... you don't no me so you mayb can judge by my comments... I don't care what you think... ino hu I am also I no what and hu I want in my life... im not the one hu needs the advice so stop going on about us... I am ryt, the age of consent is 15 here, I did prove you rong when you z he would go to jail because he most def won't... your doubt doesn't mean it will come true though... I will let you no what happens within the next yr or so as you seem to be extremely interested as to if our relationship will work or not and I will probably prove you rong yet again.

Aug 10, 2007, 10:38 AM
    and I didn't say that england wasn't in the uk I z I didn't live in england when a comment was posted that the legal age for sex was 16 in london.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble with 20 year old [ 14 Answers ]

:( my daughter graduated 2 years ago still living at home. She has changed. She doesn't like me to hug her. She puts more importance in her friends. ( which we have questioned) she is very aware of having a relationship with God. She does well.. until she starts hanging out with her friends.. she...

Is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa [ 59 Answers ]

:confused:is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa and if not why

I think I'm in love after the first date.hope I don't mess up by being clingy! [ 3 Answers ]

I've had my ups and downs with dating since recovering from a break-up from a long-term relationship about a year ago. I recently met a beautiful and smart "nice girl" through a friend and we totally hit it off on our first official date last night. Compared to the bar trash I've been hooking up...

Do believe you can be in love with someone without wanting to date them? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a guy and I have a friend who I have known for a few years. Her and I are pretty close and recently she has been there for me at times where I was down and it felt good. More recently I have thought about her a lot more often than usual and I worry about things for her that normally come in...

View more questions Search