Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    new homeowner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2005, 04:23 PM
    Lighting for fan won't \work?
    I found a light fixture that fit with my ceiling fan. I connected the white wire to the white wire and the black wire to the black wire. I put a light bulb in and pulled the cord... and nothing happened. The fan is connected to a wall switch, and yes... that was on, but the light won't go on. Any suggestions?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2005, 04:36 PM
    Does the fan still work? Was the black wire you connected to the light the feed from the wall switch, or one that is only hot when the fan is on? If the fan was sold without a light, the wire for the light may not be connected somewhere inside the fan housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recessed Lighting [ 8 Answers ]

Need help with Recessed Lighting. The included picture is an electrical diagram I used in wiring up some recessed lighting. The switches used are 600w Dimmer Switches with push on/off feature. The problem is that on the center switch the dimming feature burns out consistently but I am still able...

Lighting cicuits [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Jesse and my e-mail is [email protected] . I have a tiffiny ceiling light. It has a three wire set. A negative, a positive and a green wire I suspect is the ground. The negative and positive wires are easy to connect. I am not sure where to attach the green wire, since there are...

Electrical & Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay St. Regis ceiling fan but no directions. Can I get a copy?

X-10 Lighting With A 4 Way Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have an X10 dimmer module that I just got. I am currently replacing a 4 way switch. The current 4 way switch has 4 total wires. 2 wires go into the input and the other 2 go into the output. The X-10 module has 3 wires. How do I know where the 4 wires to the X-10 module go? The new X-10 module has...

View more questions Search