Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruthless Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 05:42 PM
    She won't drink Milk!
    My 16 month old daughter won't drink cows milk, won't drink formula and won't even drink flavoured milk! And I really really really want to wean her. HELP!
    CamMo22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Baby's often know what's best for them. My father is a pharmacist, and did not believe that dairy products were the best for babies. He and my mother raised my 4 siblings and I on 2% milk -- and very little of it. In fact, we often preferred almond milk or soy milk!. and, now in our 40's & 50's - we are all exceptionally healthy -- run marathons, very active! My own daughter has raised a healthy 4 year old with more water and (watered down, unsweetened fruit juice) than milk -- and buys 1% and 2% cows milk as well as almond milk for her family.
    Baby can get calcium and other milk-related nutrients from many other kinds of foods. Less worry and more trust will bring the perfect formula for your daughter!
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Jul 6, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Try various forms of yogurt, cottage cheese, or regular cheese. You would be surprised how easy it is for a child her age to get enough servings per day. In terms of weaning her... you need to slowly cut out one feeding for a few days then another. Eventually you will have to be firm and stop all together... which will be hard for both of you. To make it easier you can develop a routine for the times of day (especially bedtime) when she would be likely to nurse. Give her something so she can comfort herself such as a blankie or stuffed animal. Getting enough calcium and milk products will seem like a breeze in comparison to weaning. Good luck. Cathy
    peanut6966 Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Jul 15, 2007, 04:52 PM
    You can try using soy milk or those toddler drinks like Pediasure (but they are expensive). My one daughter will only drink the soy milk and she won't drink cows milk either.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 04:54 PM
    My daughter went through a phase of not drinking a lot of milk. To make sure she was getting the calcium that she needed - her dr. started her on Tums as a supplement.
    Since she is not drinking anything and you are trying to wean her - are you breastfeeding? If you want to wean her from that - just don't offer it to her as much.
    proudmommyoftwingirls Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless
    My 16 month old daughter won't drink cows milk, won't drink formula and won't even drink flavoured milk!! And i really really really want to wean her. HELP!
    Your child will not starve just start weaning her and if she gets hungry enough she will eat have you tried milkshakes my doc told me to try that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much sugar is in milk? [ 12 Answers ]

How many grams of sugar does an 8 ounce glass of milk provide?

Milk for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Is 2% milk OK for a dachshund

Milk Production [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. My females teets are getting big. She had puppies 5 months ago, and they had almost gone back to normal up until she went into estrus. They usually get bigger after a heat cycle then go back down. She was in heat about 4 weeks ago they never really...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

Got Breast Milk? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little embarrassing. My boobies are feeling heavy and swoll up. Im also leaking fluid from them. There is no way that I am pregnant because I have not been sexually active in 3 years. My children are both also 5 and 6 years old. Is this my body trying to tell me something? Maybe Im...

View more questions Search