Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rhuston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 02:35 PM
    I want out of this house
    I would like to know how can I get out of a house I cannot afford and just give it back to the bank and it not hurt my credit?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Do you have time enough to put it on the market, maybe make a profit from the sale?
    redeemed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Hello, The first thing I would do is notify your mortgage company of your situation explaining you can not afford the home. Most companies will work with you because they are out to make money off you, not loose money on you. You maybe surprised by the help they can provide you. Now of course you could put the house on the market for sale to try and make a small profit from it. Good luck.
    jemdas25 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Hello,

Basically, you need to ask yourself this question: Does your house have equity in it or not? In other words, is your market house value with more than what you owe (equity) or vice versa? If you have equity, put it on the market and try to sell it. Esp. if you are not behind on payments. This is your best situation. If you are behind, and want out quick, you may want to consider speaking with a RE Investor and doing a "Subject To." And as "redeemed" said, yeah, the last things banks want is a non-performing loan. There are things they can do for you to help you stay. Good luck!

Marlon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

What to do with the house [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, wonder if you could give me some advice! My ex boyfriend and I bought a house together 2 years ago, but broke up a month ago. He really wants to sell... I don't. My father put down 20% of the price of the house as a deposit, my ex put down nothing but we share the mortgage equally. I am...

Who gets the house? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married 1 1/2 years. We bought a house in April 2004. The loan is only in my name because his credit is horrible but his name is also on the deed. He has been lying to me about large amounts of money received and spent from our joint checking account and I am thinking...

House [ 1 Answers ]

If you file for bankruptcy can you lose your home

View more questions Search