Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smacher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Resignation with notice, do we need to pay?
    We have an employee who resigned with 7 days notice. We accepted his resignation as of that day. Do we need to pay the 7 day notice he gave?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 03:51 PM
    It would be proper to pay him, He acted in good faith, giving notice, You would not allow him to work this notice, so you need to pay him for this notice.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 06:44 PM
    I ran into this situation many times and we would typically pay a person through their notice if it was our decision to terminate employment upon receipt of resignation notice. Technically, if your state is an "at will" state you do not have to however as Fr_Chuck pointed out it's the right things to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay rent or quit notice [ 7 Answers ]

Renting an apartment in Kansas... just received a "quit or pay" notice "within 3 days". Can't pay. How long do I have before being evicted? What are the next steps? Thanks!

Employement Letter wordings and resignation issue [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks For the help

Resignation via email [ 3 Answers ]

I work in the IT industry. Can I resign from a company via email and indicate that the resignation is effective immediately ? I do have another position to go to, and I do not want to go back to my old company. I am not working on any major projects and any outstanding work I can place on...

Virginia Notice to Pay or Quit/Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

I was served a notice to pay or quit last night. Can the landlord evict me on the 5th day or does he have to get a court ordered eviction notice? I reside in Norfolk, VA.

View more questions Search