Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floridarunner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 10:05 AM
    My 4yr old son sleeps in grandma's bed during sleepovers

I need help. My 4yr old has a incredibly close relationship with his grandma(my mother-in-law). He goes over there every weekend and spends the night. He sleeps in the same bed with her. I think he is much too old to be doing this and I never really liked the idea when he was younger but I was so grateful that she gave my husband and I time alone that I never pushed the issue. I also have problems with her lack of discipline and her letting him eat whatever.

Am I blowing this out of proportion? How do I go about telling her my thoughts?:confused:
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Jul 6, 2007, 10:50 AM
    That sounds like normal grand parent stuff to me. I was the same way with my grandparents until I was 7 or 8. But if you don't like some of the things that are going on then you have every right to say something about it, so no you are not blowing it out of proportion. I don't have a clue on how to go about telling her your thoughts though she will probably be offended no matter how you put it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Yes you are blowing it out of proportion. At 4 he's not too old. You also don't indicate how much space she has in her home.

However, you do have the right to discuss this calmly with grandma and suggest that it time he sleep on his own.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Get a life, this is common, normal and customary, grandkids even into 6 and 7 may still sleep with grandma.

And to be honest this is the silliest thing I have heard about being upset about it. Honestly you need to be the one to correct your thinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandma's Rights [ 4 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some good advice from some of you out there. Here goes.... My 21 year old son has been living with his girlfriend (we'll call "Julie") for 2 ½ years now. In Oct., 2004 they had a little girl named Alannah. Things have been really "Rocky" with them since they moved in...

12 year old daughter sleeps with Dad [ 110 Answers ]

my 12 year old step-daughter won't sleep in her own room. I don't sleep in the same room as my husband due to his snoring. She's 5'8, a B cup bra, wears tight boy shorts and a v neck tight string tank to bed spraying body spray all over before going to sleep. My four year old son sleeps in the...

My dog sleeps and no eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old male daschund puppy and all day he just sleeps, and he has not been eating lately I am worried about him and wheher or not he is still heralthy, he is out side from about 7 am till about 11 am when my mom wakes up until I wake up and bring him in, he sleeps in my room and then...

Getting my son out of my bed into his crib [ 4 Answers ]

OK my son is 3 months and he sleeps with me, and I want to get him into his crib, but for him to even fall asleep I have to rock him with music playing off my phone right next to his ear. Now my question is how can I put him in his crib and him fall asleep on his own and actually sleep in the crib?

Keeping my son in bed [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old boy that is difficult to keep in bed. We recently (2 weeks)moved him from his brothers room (where he slept in his brothers bed and in his own bed) to his own room. At bedtime, we put him in bed and walk out of the room. Moments later, he comes out. We then put him back...

View more questions Search