Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Can't determine results of this crazy HPT!
    Okay, I took a HPT this morning and at first I thought it read completely negative but as I looked(still within 3min time frame ) I noticed very faint half of a positive line above the negative and I mean very faint. What do you guys think of this? Have any of you had this happen before? I would appreciate all of your comments!
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 10:30 AM
    I would like to add that I do not think it is an evaporation line because this HALF line showed up within a couple of minutes; it looks like a faint perpendicular line not a plus sign!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 11:56 AM
    I would go buy a digial to be sure... its hard to know without seeing the test... and I'm sure it won't read correctly now. Good luck.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 12:01 PM
    You might not have enough HCG in your body yet for the test to fully pick up on it. I have had something like this happen to me, and it turned out I was actually pregnant. Make sure you use your morning urine, the first time you go to the bathroom after you wake up. If you are pregnant, your HCG levels will be higher in your urine at that time. :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
    False positives are pretty rare though. Rank, when did you miscarry again?
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jul 6, 2007, 05:00 PM
    It sounds like it could be positive mine took about 10 min and the line was very very faint in fact I couldn't see it I was leaving my doctors office when she told me to come back.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jul 6, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Consistency is something to look for in your tests. I would buy some cheep tests (the dollar store has tests that do work). If the tests have the same result you know it is not a fluke. I think you have a good shot of being pregnant. If you are---Congratulations :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Well guys thanks for all of your answers but I guess the test was a flucker... I started today! Thanks again, you guys are great!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determine reach in Volleyball [ 1 Answers ]

We have a team of U13 girls and want to incorporate metrics in order to help them become better travel volleyball players. One of these metrics that we think is important is measuring their reach ability, i.e. free standing, jumping, running jump, etc. Is there a proper method / or standard...

Arbitration: How do they determine a 'value'? [ 2 Answers ]

How is a settlement determined in Arbitration? What method is used to place a value on the how much a 'suit' is worth?

Determine Gender [ 1 Answers ]

I am 15 weeks pregnant. How many weeks will I have to be before the gender of my baby can be detected by ultrasound?:)

How to determine which fuse size I need? [ 2 Answers ]

I've just installed power door locks in my Honda Civic, and I've placed a fuse holder along the wire that goes from + terminal to the door lock relay. First of all, should it be on the + side of the battery or the - side? More important question is, how do I determine the fuse size that I...

View more questions Search