Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chiquita_bandita Posts: 44, Reputation: 8

Jul 6, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Tickets on private preperty
    If you received a traffic ticket on private property, paid the ticket and later found out that the police had no right to even write the ticket, can you get your money back?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Maybe. You can appeal the ticket to traffic court.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Hello chiq:

I doubt it. Paying the fine is a guilty plea and you can't appeal a guilty plea.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Nope. At least not before going through a lengthy and complicated appeal process that'd be far more trouble than it's worth. The time to fight that was at the scheduled court date, not after the fact.
    whiskey101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chiquita_bandita
    If you recieved a traffic ticket on private property, paid the ticket and later found out that the police had no right to even write the ticket, can you get your money back?
    unfortunately the most you could do is talk to a lawyer about opening up a civil suit against the police dept. and unfortunately this process can take take several months to be examined. Its most likely not worth the trouble.

Hope this helps =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving tickets [ 3 Answers ]

I have not had a driving infraction for over 15 years- except in a different province. In the last two years I have been pulled over twice in another province. The first was for speeding (I was going with traffic flow but because my wife's car looks hopped up I was picked out and pulled over...

2 speeding tickets... need advice! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so now I have accomplished the dumbest mistake in my life time. I obviously did not learn from my first speeding ticket last week because last night I got another one. I have no clue how to go about getting my points reduced. Can anyone tell me if I should just plead not-guilty and talk to the...

Media Tickets Problem Need Help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was on msn messenger and my friend sent me alink which I went too and it asked me too download a program I did it and it then opened all my windows for my messenger and sent the link too them then showed me a blue screen telling me that it was dumping physical memory.. Please someone help...

Cheap tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know where I can find a cheap ticket from france to sacramento, California? All is just so expensive! :eek:

Buying Tickets in another country [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American currently living in Britain, but because of the dreadful foreign exchange rate, I'm wondering if it's possible to purchase tickets via a friend or a website in the US and pay with my credit card (also American). Is this possible? Thank you!

View more questions Search