Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dumped and still in love Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 08:05 AM
    I'm afraid I'll never forget him.
    It's been almost 2 weeks already but I still cry every night. I can't eat or sleep well and I can't do anything without being reminded of him. I've read many articles about breaking up. They all say to get out of the house and to do things that I didn't do with him. Whenever I try, I'm reminded of how lonely I am, and how he would've liked to be there with me. And then all the happy memories flood my mind.

Although he dumped me, I know he still loves me. I'm in touch with his close friend who said that he's lost weight and just stays at home all day.

I'm driving myself crazy and I really don't know how to make myself feel better. What if I never get over him?
    woh337 Posts: 149, Reputation: 6

Jul 6, 2007, 08:10 AM
    I think U'll. Go out have some fun with your friends, or go the places he usually goes to, and dance in front of him with your friend! Hey, maybe he will come back from you but at least it'll help u through!:)
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jul 6, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Still in love, I'm sorry about your loss. You are going to cry, hurt, feel lonely for a long time. It has been 5 months since my ex fiancé broke up with me. And it still hurts sometimes. My advise is to come to terms with it and let go, don't contact him. Buy doing this you actually delay your healing. I am getting better now that because I decided 3 weeks ago to let go again. Without letting go you will awalys hurt.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 01:09 PM
    I got a mix of some of my posts people liked, hope it helps? I can say to you I have had contact with my ex and it has knocked me back a hell of alot, so stay no contact for your own benefit. You only have one life so live it for yourself:I think its time to accept the harsh truth that its over and start the transition to single life. Its hard but

Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? More wary in the future and aware what we are looking for in a

Relationship and a person.

Treat your relationship as a life experience, you might not be able to treasure the memories you had right now but

One day you will. Do not regret but learn and move on, as someone much better is just around the next corner.

You must try follow these: (be strong)

1) Abide by no contact, ignorance is bliss so don't go near the 'grape vine'
    2) Work on yourself entirely - hobbies, work, gym
    3) Ever wanted to do something in your life? Nows the time
    4) Spend more time with your friends and family and renew old social ties
    5) Box every memory away and stay away from your fav songs for now - when you can look at it without feeling ill -

Ur halfway there!
    6) Time does heal :P It just takes a god dam while, but don't mope at home, go out, party, exercise - helps a hell

Of a lot

You don't need anyone to be happy.

The best revenge is to be happy yourself :]

Forgive and move on.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Pay no attention to the faults of others,
    Things done or left undone by others.
    Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't

Learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be

Thankful.

You got to accept it. Delete everything and keep yourself busy. Here are things you can do right now:

1) Delete all his contact details + block him
    2) Have a hot bath with nice scents
    3) Listen to some of your fav music
    4) Read a book
    5) Watch a film
    6) Go out and party
    7) Spend more time with your friends and family
    8) Have a good laugh + watch a comedy
    9) Go out for a drive with your best friends - put all the windows down and put on some loud music and SING - I

Love doing this
    10) Don't SIT AROUND AND MOPE
    11) Get out of the house - Go for a walk, anything
    12) Join the gym + workout + have a sauna
    13) Book a holiday
    14) Try new things - meet new people, sign up for a course
    15) GO NO CONTACT NOW - STAY AWAY FROM THE GRAPE VINE, in time it will get easier but for now you need to keep

Busy and block him
    woh337 Posts: 149, Reputation: 6

Jul 6, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Exactly, Jsier , you are d*mn right!
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Jul 6, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Still in love,
    You have received some great advice from this panel. Now is the time to focus on you. Someone recently told me "you are the most important person in your life". This is very true, therefore you must love yourself. I don't know how old you are but at any age it is tough. I am 29 and its still hard for me 3 months later. I went through the depression stage when I stayed in bed all weekend. One weekend, I decided that I'm going to go out. I planned a bunch of activities (including errands) and did them. I went to the mall, went for a movie, went to the beach, grocery shopping, and by the time I got home it was 9 pm. I was feeling great just to get out. Since then I do get down, but I do not get so depressed that I stay in bed all day. Try it, I know its hard. If you have a good friend, maybe she/he can do these things with you to make you feel better. DO everything you ever wanted to do. Treat yourself. Go get a nice massage or a pedicure. I know it hurts to be regected, but it's a part of life. Even some of the most beautiful women have been regected (Princess Diana was regected by prince Charles for some old ugly hag). So don't let it get you down. Be positive and productive. God bless...
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Your first and last love is yourself!
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jul 6, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Why to forget? People could not remember many past things although they were related to their happiness and sadness most in a specific period. Do not try hard to forget someone. Please look at him as a reason for you to become better and stronger.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by serena6878
    Why to forget? People could not remember many past things although they were related to their happiness and sadness most in a specific period. Do not try hard to forget someone. Please look at him as a reason for you to become better and stronger.
    Again, the things that don't kill you will make u stronger!!
    Dumped and still in love Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I made plans to spend the whole day out with friends. I hope it'll make me feel better.

Someone asked how old I am. Well, I'm 20 and so is he. And he was my first boyfriend.
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 6, 2007, 09:25 PM
    They say the first one's the hardest to forget...

Well, know that you will get over it. It takes a while, sometimes a very long time, but you will eventually get over it.

There are a number of ways people get over past relationships:

1) Do things that you want to do, regardless of social or psychological inhibitions (so long as they're not self-destructive),
    2) Talk to close friends who are willing to listen to you vent and release your frustrations, and
    3) Stand outside the door of your house and jump on the next guy that walks by.

Any of these should be fine. But just remember that it WILL pass, just give it time.

--huno

P.S.: so where is your house and what time are you there? :D
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jul 7, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Everything happens for a reason. Few months down the line, you will see this as something that enhanced your perspective towards life and relationships. It's hard to forget someone you once shared some beautiful moments with, so I won't say forget him, rather cherish the memories and keep moving. Do not let it bog you down. He had his own reasons to get away, u should have your own reasons to LIVE... laugh and mould yourself into a stronger person. Each of us goes through this... and I look at everything as temporary.. nothing even if you had tried to stay together longer, if didn't have to happen, it didn't. So move on buddy... keep meeting new friends and live IT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't forget my Ex [ 11 Answers ]

Well its been 4 years already I don't know how she feels but to me that was the most beautiful thing that happened to me this girl I dated for almost a year moved and we had a fight before she left but I never stopped loving her and I think about her day and night and I don't know what to do I...

I want forget him [ 4 Answers ]

I don't hate him but I am disappointed at him. He is not like a mature person. Although he is 21, he listens to his mother much. He doesn't have his own judgment. His mother doesn't like me and she tried to interfere his son's relationship with me. She won. She asked him to come back home quickly...

I can't forget my first [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, so its been 3 years since I dated my first girlfriend. It was on and off for 4 years almost, we split up and got back together at least 15 times. She was my first everything, my first love my first kiss my first... well, you know... everything. So I've moved on since then, I'm 21 and I've had...

How to forget him [ 2 Answers ]

I was never sucesssful in love before because despite of loving them so much they never loved me back but I was always hurt due to my true feeling these expeirnces made me very insecure and unlucky ,I'm beautiful but still then this guy came andi was in a relation ship with him for more than two...

I can't forget him! Help please [ 10 Answers ]

I went out with this guy for a month and then broke up with me about a week after I refused to give him head. He went out with one of my friends a while beofre me and proudly bragged about using her so everyone has told me that he used me too and I when I didn't "put out" either he broke up with...

View more questions Search