Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Idrees Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2007, 07:09 AM
    What is the 3rd type of sun's motion
    I know about 2 types of sun's motions that sun's spinning motion and the solar apex. Some one told me that there is 3rd kind of motion of sun as well. Can anyone please tell me this 3rd type of motion of sun.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 6, 2007, 07:10 AM
    How about traverse of space/time
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jul 6, 2007, 07:16 AM
    This depends on what frame of reference you're talking about.

If you're talking about viewing the sun from the earth, the three types of motion are Rotation (movement of the surface of the sun itself), Traversal (moving across the sky from horizon to horizon each day), and Translational, the apparent north-south movement between seasons.

If you're talking about in the galactic sense, you have Rotation (the rotation of the Sun itself), Revolution (the movement of the Sun within this galaxy, orbiting the center), and a third that doesn't really have a good name, which is the apparent motion relative to other galaxies within the universe.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jul 23, 2007, 08:03 PM
    There is also a slow vertical [relative to the galactic plane] bobbing motion as the sun moves along its orbit within the Orian arm.

Professor Astronomy
    Adrastus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Could also be the differential motion between the sun's equator and poles. Because the sun is plasma it doesn't rotate uniformly so the equator rotates faster than the poles. This differential rotation is also a major contributing factor to the change in the sun's magnetic field polarity every 11 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd dui? [ 34 Answers ]

so I just got out of jail on a BAIL for my 3rd DUI in less then 1 1/2 year! I'm only 20 years old and I haven't even gone to court and got my charges for my 2nd DUI yet? And I just got my 3rd DUI. I have court in 2 weeks from today and I'm scard! People are saying that I could end up spending time...

What is the 3rd side [ 2 Answers ]

The angle is 45 degrees. 2 sides of the triangle is 3 feet long. How long is the third side?

She's my girlfriend for the 3rd time! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey My girlfriend Carolyn wants to be my girlfriend again. I told her that I would think about it and Tell her later. Then, her friend Cerny wants me to say NO! What should I do because if I say yes Carolyn will be happy. If I say no Cerny will bw happy! Which way should I go?

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search