Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Damn Tal, I'm jealous - that's the future I envision for myself though I'd like to do it now with my two year old and six year old. Love to cook too. And if the kids grow up to love golf and hockey I'd be in heaven. They'd be on the course or the rink with me. :)
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jul 16, 2007, 10:21 AM
    When I met my ex fiancé she made more money then me. I was intimidated because she was very smart and made more then me. Do to me starting this new career I new I would be making just as much. Then she said she wanted to be a lawyer and that intimidated me even more. But as we got to know each other the intimidation want away and it didn't bother me anymore.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 10:23 AM
    SAB,
    When I met my wife and she told me she was articling I was aroused. :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Hey I have a two year old and a six year old, grandchildren here now. We are headed to the pool, its 92 degrees in the shade. Take good care of your female, and she will take care of you. I also do foot massages. Make them holler!!
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Jul 16, 2007, 10:55 AM
    I could use a foot massage right about now ;)
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I am also afraid that overachiving women, who are successful professionals, will end up meet men who want to marry us, because of the money.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 11:39 AM
    An independent guy will want to remain independent. If you suspect that you are dating a moocher I would imagine you would see some signs early on.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    An independant guy will want to remain independant. If you suspect that you are dating a moocher I would imagine you would see some signs early on.
    Yea, that's what people say to me, I should be able to tell that early, but what if he fakes... I didn't have much experience with men so how can I tell? (I never had a boyfriend before):o
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
    If you've never had a boyfriend before then it's hard to give you hard and fast rules. I'm guessing that you're not going to marry the first person you date so enjoy yourself and date people who you find interesting. That's the only way for you to find out what you like and don't like in a mate.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    If you've never had a boyfriend before then it's hard to give you hard and fast rules. I'm guessing that you're not going to marry the first person you date so enjoy yourself and date people who you find interesting. That's the only way for you to find out what you like and don't like in a mate.
    I agree, thank you for the advice... but I am so picky and take things too seriously, I just feel if I don't see this person I can marry, I won't even start date him. I feel like u can't date for fun, you can't waste other's time, and I really feel that I can tell if a guy is a mature or not real quick without dating him. I am too picky when things come to date, the guys around me about my age are too immature, not responsible... sigh,
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 01:01 PM
    As you get into the real world there will be those whom you attract and, are attracted to. Go slow pay attention, and above all have fun. The whole point in life (my opinion) is to be happy and share that happiness with another. So be happy as you go through your life.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    As you get into the real world there will be those whom you attract and, are attracted to. Go slow pay attention, and above all have fun. The whole point in life (my opinion) is to be happy and share that happiness with another. So be happy as you go thru your life.
    THank you Tal, you are the best, hug!
    I am a young professional at a global 500, I work so much and travel so much, I never have time to meet guys. I do, but just at work, at meetings, where I am so focused at work. After long day work, I went back to hotel, fall asleep. My life is like that... what can I do now? I am 23, NEVER HAD A BF:( WHen you see my pic, I guess you are surprised too, right?
    P.S. I don't rely on those online dating things. I have to be careful, ocz people might lie when they only communicate with you through internet.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
    WHen u see my pic, I guess you are surprised too, right?
    I have read your words and understand the fear of failure in them. As to your looks, cute, but that's not what will get you a real man. What's in your heart, and what you are about is what a real man wants, not a resume. If your beauty is only skin deep then you are in trouble, unless he sees the real you he can never come to you. You are more than your resume aren't you??? And there are many beautiful women out here.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 01:33 PM
    I have read your words and understand the fear of failure in them. As to your looks, cute, but thats not what will get you a real man. Whats in your heart, and what you are about is what a real man wants, not a resume. If your beauty is only skin deep then you are in trouble, unless he sees the real you he can never come to you. You are more than your resume aren't you??? And there are many beautiful women out here.
    I am a kind person, very friendly and reasonable. I volunteered a lot back in college, people like me very much. I did everything I could to be as successful as I can, but I think miss the big part of life, maybe all I can do now is be patient and waiting for the right one. I don't want to fail in anything, that's problly another reason I am overcautious of dating. I don't trust guys ealisy as well. I am afraid they will drag me down sometimes. It's complicated how I feel about dating, always.
    My friends say because I don't get out! I kind of agree, but I thought I did get out, I went to all the student org and attended lots of campus activities. Do I really have to go to the bar or club to meet guys?
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 02:09 PM
    We are all afraid to have our heart stompped on, considering the misery and pain on these forums but if you never take a risk, you cannot grow and learn. You can never be sure of anything.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 06:12 PM
    We are all afraid to have our heart stompped on, considering the misery and pain on these forums but if you never take a risk, you cannot grow and learn. You can never be sure of anything.
    True, it's kind of frustrating to think about those things, I am back to work on the report now:p
    woh337 Posts: 149, Reputation: 6

Jul 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Love your signature!LOL
    Don't work too hard, girl!:)
    Oh by the way, I think you are hot;)
    Mario3 Posts: 65, Reputation: 4
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
    SWANS-Strong Women Achievers, No Spouse? Why would a woman be considered an achiever or strong just because she has a career. From a man's point of view, isn't this a bit sexist?
    woh337 Posts: 149, Reputation: 6

Jul 16, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario3
    SWANS-Strong Women Achievers, No Spouse? Why would a woman be considered an achiever or strong just because she has a career. From a man's point of view, isn't this a bit sexist?
    Well, not because she has a career!
    OKay, let's say she graduated from an ivy league(problly with a master or PH.D), got into top global "50", being promoted very fast, attractive and wealthy... that's what we mean a strong woman!
    Oh if she has morals, then that is stronger:cool:
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by woh337
    Well, not b/c she has a career!
    OKay, let's say she graduated from an ivy league(problly with a master or PH.D), got into top global "50", being promoted very fast, attractive and wealthy...that's what we mean a strong woman!
    Oh if she has morals, then that is stronger:cool:
    U crap me up!:eek: are you talking about anyone you know?:o It sounds so familiar!:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

Do you think I would come off too strong? [ 7 Answers ]

I like this guy who liked me up until a friend of mine said something to him and made me look obsessive. I didn't want her to say anything to him. He claims not to like me anymore, but flirts with me A LOT. When I see him again, Im debating as to weather or not I should just be spontaneous,...

View more questions Search