Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adelemacca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Should cat go outside now?
    Right here goes.. my friends cat just had kittens well there 5 weeks old now I was just wandering should the mother cat still go outside as she has not yet been done I think she will get caught again but I don't know my friend thinks she will be OK I isn't sure can you help me thanks..
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 10:39 AM
    She should keep her in until she gets her spayed. From all I have read and learned on this site that they can start offering the kittens moistened dry food. OK I just called my vets office. He said to start the kittens on food today a small amount at first and to increase the amount each day, also offer water. He said to use a kitten chow. See how they are acting, loose stools, urine out put and to get the get the mamma fixed ASAP. That if she gets out she can indeed go into heat as early as 6 weeks after the kittens were born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat) [ 7 Answers ]

My kitty is pregnant ,kittens in like 2 weeks.. the male cat just hangs at my house stalking her,it seems like she doesn't like him anymore.why is he back now that she's not in heat? He won't leave.i don't no anything about cats ,please help..

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

Please help this cat! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We have a cat named Rocky that has been acting really weird lately. I am unemployed right now and my girlfriend is a student, so going to the vet is a tough call. 3 weeks ago Rocky had one dilated pupil and wasn't eating and was shaky walking. Then 4 days later he was fine. Eating, eyes...

View more questions Search