Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennifer101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Controlled life
    Hey this is jennifer and I am really depressed, I mean I have a cool family but my mom is so controlling... she is the best mom but she wants everything in her way sometimes I feel like she is trying to live her life through me. She wants my room to be decorated in her way, she wants me to wear the dresses she tells me to wear and she doesn't even lets me to hang out in mall with my friends. I am 15 and this is the time I grow mentally and physically , I need time with my peers but its not happening. I feel so trapped and whenever I raise this topic in front of her she totally shuts me down. Help me because I cannot live like this forever...
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Is there a way you can talk to your mom about a compromise? When you are asking for individuality, are you going to an extreme, or only a little different from what she wants?

Unfortunately, until you're 18, there's not a lot you can do about it except try to compromise with her. Is there a family member (like your grandma, or an aunt) that can mediate between the 2 of you?

I know it's tough, sweetie... I was the oldest, and my mom was sometimes the same way. She loves you, though, and is trying to keep you safe and focused, I'm sure.

I also know that talking to your mom pretty much sucks right now. She probably feels the same way about you! Has she given you reasons these are her rules? Or does she subscribe to the "Because I said so" philosophy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlet Controlled by a Switch [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced the electrical outlets in a room I recently had dry-walled. One of the outlets I replaced was partially (1 of the 2 receptacles) controlled by a wall switch. I hooked the new outlet up exactly as the old one was, but now the outlet is on all of the time. The wall switch no longer...

Temperature controlled light [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a light(red) that can come on when a room gets too hot?

Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

We recently bought a new house. In the master bedroom is a remote controlled ceiling fan. This fan, as far as I am able to determine, works solely by the remote control. There is nothing hooked up to the wall switches and I can see no on/off switch. The problem now is that the remote is broken...

Help wiring a fan controlled by thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a 24,000 BTU forced hot-water heater to be installed in my attached garage, but I'm having a tough time understanding how to wire the fan properly to a thermostat. Currently, I have a 5-zone plus priority 24 volt Argo AZ-6P (120 VAC) Zone Valve controller opperating 3 zones of my home...

View more questions Search