Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmipilot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Outlook refuses to send mail
    Outlook (not Express) has stopped sending. I am receiving fine. I have tried everything I can think of; been on the phone with GoDaddy (my domain is through them) and still no luck. I would really appreciate any creative solutions you have 'cause I'm out of ideas.
    tinmanpm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 04:55 AM
    You give no info? Are you XP, are you using a fire wall, then disable it temporarily,
    Also disable the Microsoft Firewall. Could be firewall settings. Maybe you have 2 firewalls active at same time, not good. Are you using XP as the Administrator.
    Reinstall Outlook.
    cmipilot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinmanpm
    You give no info? are you XP, are you using a fire wall, then disable it temporarily,
    also disable the Microsoft Firewall. Could be firewall settings. Maybe you have 2 firewalls active at same time, not good. Are you using XP as the Administrator.
    Reinstall Outlook.

Thanks for helping... Using XP, no firewall. Not sure what you mean by XP as Administrator. Since posting the question, I had to reset Outlook's defaults and recreate the account from scratch and it is now working. Still not sure what the problem was, but at least I'm able to send and receive again. Appreciate the suggestions.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jul 14, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Outlook profile will sometimes get corrupted and need to be recreated.
    jake5879 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 02:47 PM
    He's given all the information necessary: emails previously sent with his given set-up, and then suddenly, spontaneously, without changing anything about the system, emails refuse to send. I think it's Microsoft employees who troll these boards saying "not enough information" as if it's "variable X" that caused it and not a random Microsoft spazz-out. Microsoft programmes changes itheir own settings spontaneously and randomly, it corrupts itself.
    I had the same: email refused to send. Others sent fine. So after re-booting many times with no luck I 'forwarded' the email in the outbox to the same recipient - then I had 2 identical emails in the outbox, the one sent instantly, the other still refuses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you send email from Oracle Forms? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello How can I send a mail from oracle forms Regards Swapna

Outlook 2002 will not send mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am popping three Gmail accounts to Outlook 2002. I can reserve mail but can not send mail pleas help. I have it set up on my old desktop but the same setting will not work on my new laptop. My desktop has Outlook 2000 and my laptop has Outlook 2002. Please help

E-Mail won't send through OUTLOOK [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hi everyone. This is my first ever posting so I hope I'm doing it right. I have had my internet connection for a little over two weeks now and seem to have spent 95% of my time online sorting out 'security' stuff. I have a few final things to tweak and would greatly appreciate anyone's help...

View more questions Search