Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M3dikat3d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 03:09 PM
    My cat's problematic eye.
    About 4 days ago we noticed our cat's (Blooregard) right eye became "puffy" and "squinty".

I was able to touch the area that was puffy, he was fine with that. There was no fluid or leakage. He's been acting normal... just his same old self minus the eye.

Each day it was looking less and less puffy. Finally, yesterday his eye was completely back to normal. Now today, my husband called me at work to let me know the problem is back. This time, however, it doesn't look puffy... but he's walking around with it closed or only slightly open. He definitely seems bothered by it as well... he's licking his paw and then rubbing it over the eye. There is still no discharge.

This has prompted me to set up a vet appointment... which isn't until tomorrow night. I was just hoping someone could put my mind at ease and offer up a suggestion for what could be causing this.

Little background on Bloo... we adopted him from a shelter last October. He is 2 1/2 years old. There are no known problems with him medically according to the shelter (he was an owner surrender).

Thanks in advance for your help.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
    The only time my cat did that was an ear infection that was causing his eye to drain. Vet said it was all connected. I have a 13 year old male. This happened in October of last year. Some antibotics and he was good as new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treating cat's eye infection [ 2 Answers ]

We have two kittens that are 13 weeks old. We got them from a breeder. We were told that they have had their fvrcp shots at 8,10,&12 weeks. They were wormed 3 times w/panacure. Since we received them their eeyes have constantly been watery and irritated. We have tried to flush thei eye out...

My cat's bleeding [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up today vomiting mucusy liquid and loose stool then later I found blood on her rug , she had her kittens 51 days ago and still nursing , is there something wrong or is it her period?

Cat's eyes and reaction to chemicals in the eye [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I was cleaning my cat's ears with a special ear cleaner I bought at a pet supply store. She shook her head before I had a chance to massage the cleaner into her ears. The cleaning solution flew all over and she ended up getting it into her eyes. She started meowing and running all over...

My cat's don't like each other [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old cat. My husband and I bought a new kitten for both ourselves and we thought that my 2 year old cat would enjoy having him around to play with when we are not home. At first, Macie, the oldest, did not like the kitten! After a couple of days they began to explore each other...

Cat's behavior [ 3 Answers ]

We just recently moved to another state, taking our only cat with us. The house we moved into already had 2 other cats and a dog. My cat is adjusting surprisingly well with the other cats, going up to them and trying to get friendly, but the other cats just hiss and growl, and they even throw...

View more questions Search