Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOSERD Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 03:06 PM
    subpoenaing doctors,nurse,techincian that took x-rays to the police officer
    to whom it may concern:my question is can my attorney subpoena the doctor,nurse,technician who took x-rays on the police officer that accused me of assaulting him with a 3 1/2 inch knife to give a description on what really injurys the officer claimed to have sustained by me jose.according to my discovery package doctor gave 2/4 days out of work from 7/13/06 to about,and OK by doctors to return back on 7/17/06.what is your advice,please reply,thank you:D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Yes, you maya subpoena them, as witness, but your attorney will talk to them first to be sure of what they will say. Also you will have to pay them, expert witnesses get paid.

But of course if they have the knife in evidence, and he has a visible injury, exactly how injured he is, does not matter. It can juts be a scratch, or a 3 foot cut, and it is still the same charge. It is actually the same charge even if you did not actually cut him just tried to cut him.

So proving he was not hurt as bad as the report says does little for your case.

You need to prove you did not have a knife and you did not try to cut officer.
    JOSERD Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Subpoenaing doctors,etc
    Thank You For Replying To Me On Subpoenaing Doctors,etc.yes I Understand What You Have Stated In My Question Regarding Officer Being Injured By Me Jose,wouldn't The Officer Had Shot Me If He Thought His Life Was In Danger To His Well Being,and How Did He Manage To Arrest Me If Officer Stated In The Police Report That He Was Seriously Injured,and Why Did The Officer Waited 15 To 20 Mintues To Call For Backup,that Is Why Iam Debating This Issues.please Reply.thank You:d
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Your attorney can and should subpoena those records. (S)he should have access to anything that's going to be used as evidence against you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 03:41 PM
    If you had a knife draw and threatened a police officer and was within 15 feet of the officer, he is allowed to pull his weapon and shoot you. This is taught in police academy and taught and drilled into their head for their own protection, He does not have to be harmed, merely threatened.

A police officer is allowed to use one step higher force than the suspect is using. So if he was going to arrest you, and you had a knife and did not put it down or acted in a threatening manner, he is allowed to shoot to kill. They don't call it kill, but they call it shoot for center mass, so the fact you are alive means he did not do it correct completely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 mo old still trying to nurse [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping that somebody can help me. I recently rescued a 2 month old kitten from the pound. I don’t know if he was orphaned, or how long he spent with his mom (but he did have brothers at the pound). He tries to nurse on me (my arm, neck, back), and he tries to nurse from a really...

Criminal charges that were hyped by a sworn police officer [ 3 Answers ]

I have been cgarged with felony assault/dang.weapon or substance,manufac/poss/deliver sch 11,possession of marijunana-sub offense,resisting legal or illlegal arrest.on 7/13/06 cameras of stop%shop were active and recorded the whole incident,the attorney generals office in providence,ri keeps...

Went to the doctors ! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi every one just to let you all know that I went to the doctors today and yeah I am preggy. Thank you for every one who has been helping me with my questions.

What happen to the rays [ 2 Answers ]

What happen to the direction of the single ray that passes the center of the concave lense. And What happen to the direction of the single ray that passes the center of the convex lense. ... I think through the convex it will go in straight line and will meet with other rays on the...

Student Nurse [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a student nurse coming up to the end of my first year. Im quite worried as I think I may have a phobia or some kind of anxiety towards veins. I know that it is not just needles or blood as I can give IM injections, removed cannulas and have dealt with blood... it is just the thought...

View more questions Search