Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHELL13 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 11:46 AM
    My best friend asked me out
    HTML Code:
    [CENTER][B]I've had this best friend for 4 years, I can talk to him about everything. He's the person that i go 2 when im hurt and just knows what to say when im hurt. He's  been with me through everything but i just never saw him as a boyfriend. know i dont know what to do?[/B][/CENTER]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 11:55 AM
    We only live once. The opportunity to go beyond just being friends and being something beyond that is being presented to you. I would take the chance to go out with him. You never know what will happen until you try. He already sounds like a great catch if the two of you have been friends already for four years and you have been through so much with each other.
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Jul 5, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Try going out with him. If you don't feel anything between the 2 of you then "breakup" and forget the speed bump in your friendship. Just go back to being really close friends. And if that eventually grows into more than a friendship then good for you. But if it doesn't it doesn't so just deal.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jul 6, 2007, 12:46 PM
    You'll never know until you try... You have to do what's right to you

Are you worried that if you go out with him and things end, that you will lose this awesome relationship you have??
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 7, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Try it out is all I can say because this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity
    BrennaBear Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2007, 10:28 PM
    If you like him,
    Then go for it.
    cowgurl_2_u Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jul 7, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELL13
    HTML Code:
    [CENTER][B]I've had this best friend for 4 years, I can talk to him about everything. He's the person that i go 2 when im hurt and just knows what to say when im hurt. He's  been with me through everything but i just never saw him as a boyfriend. know i dont know what to do?[/B][/CENTER]
    Darl, if the opportunity is there, take it, don't let someone else take it. Jump on the boat and ask cause its not worth waiting for
    hexnoe Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Yea date the guy but if u 2 break up he may never want to talk to you again and that because I'm close friends with SoAlone on here and I asked her and she said then during she sent me a text why she said no and then I call her and we agreed that if we had a relationship and then suddenly broke then it would most likely screw our friendship to the moon, I say go for but just be careful
    Lyon
    lisa27 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 26, 2009, 01:11 PM

The very worst thing you do to yourself is going out with best friend.I have done with my friend of 5years.and we start dating but out freindship is not the same any more.I lost him my boy friend and my friend .so if you can succede as your boy friend you will ended up losing his freindship.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 01:28 AM
    (Taking out the html because it's harder to read, and not it looks like the OP intended.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELL13 View Post
    I've had this best friend for 4 years, I can talk to him about everything. He's the person that i go 2 when im hurt and just knows what to say when im hurt. He's been with me through everything but i just never saw him as a boyfriend. know i dont know what to do?
    I say, if you think you can make it work, and you could envision him as more than a friend, then go for it.

First, lay out some ground rules, whatever you think you need, so that if it doesn't work your friendship could stay the same. They are different for everyone (in this situation), but I'm sure you could think of them yourself. :)

If it doesn't work, try to go back to your friendship. It doesn't have to be awkward if you don't make it, I've learned from experience. Just play it cool, and you can do it! :)
    Diana11428 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 09:13 AM

If you like him, even a little, take the chance. Me and my boyfriend were once BEST FRIEND, we only knew each other for only a year when he asked me out. I took the chance because I could talk with him about ANYTHING! Good luck, just make sure you guys promise that you will still be friends even after you breakup... it will help if you don't feel comfortable dating him.
    HalfDeadCrush Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 11:20 PM

You only live once, so take the oppurtunity while you have the chance. If things feel to awkward or aren't going well then yes break up.
    But if you really don't see him in that way, then don't force yourself. Tell him that you can only see him as a best friend and you don't want to ruin what you guys have, if he really cares about you he will understand
    Xo WorstNightMare...
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 01:44 PM

Don't worry if a friend asks you out. Most relationships don't work out unless you two are each other's best friends. Most people start dating before becoming friends, or even best friends, so you guys have a head start, and a good foundation to base a relationship on. If you're up to it, why not take him up on his offer? You'll never know if you don't.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Dec 2, 2009, 11:08 PM

There has been a lot of responses telling you to date him, but the question is: why? Firstly, do you like him like that? If you do then by all means do it, but if you don't then a relationship will be awkard and not fun when it's over... I like to separate love interests and friends because when the two come together it gets pretty awkward. Maybe ask him how long he's felt this way... Maybe he feels like he's some how obligated to step the friendship up, it happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am in love with my friend. [ 4 Answers ]

I Don't know WHAT TO DO! I AM IN LOVE WITH MY GOOD Friend.I Don't know HOW TO REACT!:confused: We used to play around and flirt. Then one day we both just sort of stopped a bit and toned it down to a casual "hello" etc... not what we used to be like. I miss him a lot. Now my best mate likes...

Friend with lung canser [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if any one knew of a service for Christians all around the US that Can send someone to pray with this person and be somewhat of a mentor threw her sickness, years ago I knew a guy that was in a church in NY and had such links but I no longer see him I know there must be a...

Boyfreind's best friend tells me something should I believe it [ 3 Answers ]

When your boyfreinds best friend tells you your boyfreind doesn't give a f*** about you anymore what is that suppose to mean. Should I believe it. I know one thing for sure his friend doesn't have a crush on me or anything like that so what exacly does it mean.its his best friend what he saying....

Confused and don't know what 2 do with my friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm leila and I'm a member here I've been answering a lot of peoples questions but recently I'm so confused about my friend she was in love with this guy witch it didn't work out so she left him now she is engadged and she still is in love with her ex and she still sees him .I told her what she...

Problems with a friend that is a girl [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I have this friend we will call her "L". I have known her since high school and she is like my best girlfriend, but last night got a bit out of control. She has a boyfriend, and we have never hooked up or anything like that, but her EX boyfriend of 3 YEARS is a PSYCHO!! She still talks to this...

View more questions Search