Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CyndieRae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Location of Fuses for Yard Machine Lawn Tractor
    Hi! I'm a first-timer :) I'm trying to help my father. He needs to know the location of the fuses on his Yard Machine Lawn Tractor - Model 608. His tractor won't start and someone told him to check the fuses. Thank you!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Well Your Dad Needs To Look Behind The Engine Toward The Steering Wheel Shaft, This Will Be Under The Fuel Tank, Inside The Middle Pedestal. There Should Only Be One Fuse. If The Fuse Is Good, Then Go To Safety Switches. There May Also Be A Panel That Can Be Removed Under The Steering Wheel Close To The Bottom , Remove This Panel To Gain Access To Fuse.
    Good Luck.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jul 8, 2007, 04:06 PM
    There is a small red wire coming from positive side of battery, follow it to fuse holder, here is some additional info for diagnostics

You will need a volt meter and set it to DC volts
    -Check the battery for 12.5 Volts
    -Check the cables attached to the battery for the same voltage checking for good connections
    -Attach the positive side of the volt meter to the + side of the battery and the negative side to the engine block, Still got 12 Volts? If not the ground from battery is bad.

-Now keep the ground on the negative side of battery
    -follow positive cable to the solenoid and hook volt meter on the cable going TO the starter coming from the opposite side of the solenoid.
    Turn key to "start" position you should have 12 + volts

YES-Check the same way on the starter motor where the cable FROM solenoid connects, If less or no voltage then cables or connections bad, If good voltage then starter is bad

NO- Take positive lead from volt meter to small wire going to solenoid and test for 12 Volts with key in the "start" position, If no voltage to small wire safety switch is telling it not to crank or ignition switch is bad (rare) If it does have voltage the solenoid needs replacing (common)

Hope it helps,
    .Don
    MrAshley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 01:52 PM
    You might also look inside the battery box. I have read all the user manuals, etc that Yard Machines publishes, on their web site, etc. and none of them show this location for my model. That is where mine is, and I found it by accident. Good luck
    Lucindas1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 12:08 PM
    I have a Yard Machine model #13AB652F729. It would not crank over at all. After an hour of searching for the fuse, and reviewing answers on-lin, I finally found the fuse. You have to remove the housing where the drive/neutral/reverse lever is (and the parking brake is there too). Put the brake as far to the front as it will go (it will not be set to park now). There are two hex bolts holding it on. Remove the bolts. You will not be able to removed it completely, but it can be pulled up to view underneath it. Then at the very top (mine was hid under the metal frame part) by the frame by where the batter box is. It was not in the battery box. There was a little yellow fuse with "20" on it. You can then pull it out with a pair of pliers.
    garyrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 08:09 PM
    I have a Yard Machine model 13AB652F729 It will not crank at all I can jump the solenoid to get it to start. But it won't start with the key.?
    Wilson123401 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
    On Yard machine Model C762F Lawn tractor its under the battery,you need to remove battery to get at the 20Amp fuse. Funny thing in the manual it says it under the dash board on the right side

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd yard machine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD 14.5 hp yard machine has been hard to start for a while. Turn the key and back off several times before it will start.. I replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid and now it does not even make a sound. What else could it be.

Yard Machine 12.5 B&S will not start [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone. First, sorry for my English. I need some help for my Yard Machine 1 year old with 12.5 hp B&S engine cut mower that has been parked in my garage for over 6 months. Last season It ran very well, but this season It wouldn't start after refilling the new gas that I just bought from...

Yard Machine 12.5 B&S will not start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. First, sorry for my English. I need some help for my Yard Machine 1 year old with 12.5 hp B&S engine cut mower that has been parked in my garage for over 6 months. Last season It ran very well, but this season It wouldn't start after refilling the new gas that I just bought from...

Yard Machine Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 18.5HP MTD Yard Machine that the choke cable will not pullout on. How can I fix this?

View more questions Search