Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snipesgirl Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Real love or puppy love
    I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However he has had two other short relationships but he went out with one of the girls because he wanted to get over me quickly but he still seems intrested in me. I also want to do other things with this boy that I haven't done yet but I don't know if I should have sex with him because he isn't my boyfriend. The thing is I really care for this boy and our realationship has been on and off for the past year. I am really confused and upset I don't know whether I should try and get back with my ex or should I leave him alone even though he could be my true love. Although you might think I am too young to know what love is, I have never felt this way about anyone else, his voice alone makes me happy and his smile makes me smile. Could I please have some good advice on this subject. Thanks xx
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Your true love would feel the same way you do, and would be with you no matter what. Strong feelings and attractions are often mistaken for love, but after time it fades. Give yourself time and you will find true love, and know that those physical attractions are not forever.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Why would you do things with this boy that you haven't done yet when he doesn't LOVE you? Just because he's interested does not mean he loves you. Just because you have intense feelings for him does not mean you love him. Love takes time. Love grows as you both grow. Love is respectful, caring and slow. It does not place demands, it is not 'on and off'. Do not mistake your feelings for true love. You will meet many boys and men who will bring a smile to your face, who will tempt you physically, who will make you happy. Love is FAR more than that.

Hugs, Didi
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 5, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I answered on your other post..
    My feeling is still the same. Time will tell. If you two have been friends and have done a lot of things together for a year, chances are that you might wind up together for good - but later on the future. NOT just right now. You both should be working toward your academic futures and deciding on a career. During this time you should also be enjoying your youth and sharing ideas and ideals with friends. It is my opinion that it is tooooo early to think about a world with just the two of you in it.
    courtney2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 10:03 AM
    U shouldn't have sex with this guy! If you two keep going on and off then your relationship is not going to anywhere! I have been in the same thing! Just be friends with the guy and go from there! Maybe right now is not the perfect time to have a relationship with this guy right now!
    shadowkitty84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 07:07 PM
    You are not too young to know what love is. I'm only 14 dating a 16 year old, and we have a great relationship. Only you can know if he is your true love or not. If you feel happy, no matter what when you are around him, and your world falls apart when he says good-bye, chances are you are CRAZY about him. If you can talk to him about anything, and you are comfortable about him taking your whole self... body, heart, and soul then you have found your or what seems to by your true love. The most important thing is that he returns your feelings and they are genuine. Not something he is saying to make you stay with him. Like I said, only you can decide who your "someone just for you" is. Make sure before you convince yourself though, if you don't the consequences could be... not good.
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Jul 27, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Let me tell you a story. When I was 14 my best friend introduced me to a guy he played soccer with. We went out on a few dates, then he asked me if I'd be his girlfriend. I said sure. We did the usual stuff. Movies, hangin' out w/ our groups of friends... At that point sex was the furtherest thing from my mind. We kissed and that was it. We dated for 4 months. My parents told us we were moving away. I was heartroken. I loved this guy! I was gone for 2 years before we moved back home and in the meantime he had also left town and moved back to where he was originally from. When I moved back home guess who drove 4 1/2 hours to come see me? There he stood at my door. We were 17 and he'd drive to see me and he'd came to my homecoming, etc... We did other things and went further at that point in our lives than we ever had. BUT... We did NOT have sex. Distance took it's toll on us and we lost contact. Over the years I had always wondered what happened to him. I was turning 27 and I made up my mind that before I turned 30 I was going to find him. Let's just end it with I found him. We still felt the same way that we always had. We are together now and we're getting married. Sometimes... SOMETIMES it is puppy love. There are other times when you have no idea but it's the REAL THING and you think it shouldn't be because you think you're too young in high school. My point is, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. Only you will know for sure. I guess sometimes when I say "you're too young" I forget my situation. I was 14. And I remember it like it was yesterday. Sometimes I look at him and I feel an overwhelming love for him and there are other times I want to beat him :) But had I listened to everyone who told me that I was too young to know what love was, I may have ignored my gut and I wouldn't be here today. Funny how life works. But he respected me too much to attempt to have sex w/ me because we weren't ready for it. And I firmly believe that because we chose NOT to have sex it made us so much closer. We had even moved in together and had never had sex. That's when you know it's real. Good Luck to You.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 28, 2008, 09:34 AM
    What are the reasons you have been off and on? DON'T forget about those reasons... that's important! If its not working, why would you waste your feelings and yourself worth to have sex with someone its not going any where with. Have self respect. He isn't your boyfriend for a reason... Go and find a boy that cares about you, but I agree with what was said above. Just cause someone is interested it doesn't mean they love you.
    joponohoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Woman -.-

Feb 17, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Real love is love puppy love is when puppies love each other

Feb 17, 2012, 07:15 AM
    <=====8
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
    Do not have sex with this guy, especially if you aren't even sure. And just calling him your boyfriend doesn't make it OK to have sex either. Only marriage does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do you think real love is? [ 31 Answers ]

I just want to hear everyone's opinions. To me is being completely selfless to that one person and to do anything to make that person happy.

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

What is real love? [ 16 Answers ]

I have been married 3 years but with him for about 8years and I am so confused how does a person know what to do with mixed up feeling and I feel strong and everything, anyway we have been through so much stuff and I am only 23 years old when we were 1st together I chaeted on hime while he was in...

I love him but breaking up seems real? [ 5 Answers ]

OK me and my boyfriend live together and I love him to death but lately we've been fighting a lot. He's never hurt me physically but when he's mad he says all these mean things and now he 's threatening to kick me out just because I don't feel comfortable with him walking around the house with just...

View more questions Search