Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KAJ2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Connecting two computers
    Hi I'm new to this "help desk" and this has probably been answered millions of times but can two computers be connected together through the same internet connection? And Also what would I need. The computers are running xp and the is 98 internet connection is wireless broadband. Thank you.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 5, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Yes its possible. Use a router with a built-in switch. Usually 4 ports. Connect the ethernet port of each PC to the router, and connect the router to your wireless broadband modem.
    KAJ2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Thank you for your help but I have another 1 then our phone is also wireless runs through the ethernet anyway aside that one.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 6, 2007, 09:13 AM
    So you have internet phone service?

Unfortunately, I have no experience with that.

Although it should be able to connect through the router also, assuming that the internet phone is like an "internet appliance" (i.e. your PC).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting Two Computers via Ethernet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am vignesh... I need foolproof method for knowing how to connect two computers in network via ethernet...

Direct connecting two computers [ 2 Answers ]

I want to connect my old computer to my new one so I can transfer files (especially my large e-mail files). My old computer has a modem connection and 2 USB ports. My new computer has a modem port, USB ports and Ethernet port. Is there a way to direct connect the two computers via either the...

Connecting Two Computers [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I got a linksys router and it is directly connected to my computer wired and I have a laptop connected wireless well what I want to do it be able to access files between both computers through a network how would I set this up ?

Connecting two computers together [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, just wondering since my cd rom on xp is not working, IS there anyway that I can connect my old PC win 98, 4gb hard drive to my xp and use win 98 cd rom to install program on xp.

View more questions Search