Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ama34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Feet print
    We have had our inground pool for about a year. I have noticed you can make indentions with your feet. The bottom is soft all over and has several feet prints, toe prints, from walking pr jumping. What could cause this?
    Vermiculite was used and a well know person in our area installed the pool. Is there a way to fix this?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 09:00 AM
    I don't know what you used for a base under the liner but it usually is sand. Whatever you used is being compacted by your weight and that's kind of unusal. Who did your install and what is the base?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Because there is sand underneath the liner for stabilizing ? Feet can make an impression in the sand because of the weight of the water on top, sort of like clay.
    madbadgers Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 05:51 PM
    My pool has a sand floor, but it is hard as rock. My thought, when I read your problem, was that a leak exists. This could cause the bottom to get soft and potentially cause the entire pool to colapse.
    ama34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by madbadgers
    My pool has a sand floor, but it is hard as rock. My thought, when I read your problem, was that a leak exists. This could cause the bottom to get soft and potentially cause the entire pool to colapse.

How would I tell if I have a leak? It does not seem to be losing water.
    madbadgers Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Yes, an abnormal amount of water loss would be a red flag. Small cuts in the liner are visually noticeable. It may be difficult, but just carefully scan the bottom too see if any small cuts exist. If you do find one, liner patching kits are available. This may sound crazy, but has anything heavy or with a sharp point fallen into the pool? Outside of that, I don't know what else to suggest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sq feet in acre [ 5 Answers ]

How many sq feet in an acre

Swelling of the feet [ 5 Answers ]

I am 29 weeks along, and I noticed yesterday, that my right foot is swollen. It doesn't look too bad, but this morning it's still the same. Also it throbs when I walk and I can't feel two of my toes. I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not. Should I call my doctor, or is this normal?

Pretty feet [ 1 Answers ]

I have warts and calluses on the bottom of my feet and my heels are very rough. Could it be hereditary since my parents both have this? It still makes me self conscious even though I have a pedicure and from the top you cannot really see the roughness. What can I do to have pretty, soft feet and...

Cold Feet [ 13 Answers ]

My feet are cold. I am wearing socks and shoes but they are just so cold. And I am so bored... Any creative tips on how to warm up my feet?:D

Rough feet... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My feets are getting roughs specially heels can anybody tell me any remdy for this or any type of medicine for this broken heels... thanx a lot

View more questions Search