Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberlee2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Filing bankruptcy
    Hi. I've gotten deeply into debt trying to help my fiancé out of a sticky financial situation. I owe roughly $50,000 (loans, credit cards and bills I've not been able to pay like medical) and I make $40,000. I didn't look at the monthly payments on top of one another, which I should have. Now I can't make payments, I'm 2 months behind in bills and I'm working but not steadily this summer. I will be back teaching this fall and getting a steady paycheck then, but even after that I don't see how I can pay these bills off. I'm going to see a local lawyer next week to talk. I'm feeling panicked, trapped and scared, frantic that I can't deal with this. I want to leave town, I want to kill myself, I want to go to bed and pull the covers over my head. Filing bankruptcy seems to be my only choice, which I've accepted. I'm wondering if with the new law if I'll be able to get out of these debts or if I'll just spend money and find out that I still have to pay off all these bills at the same rate. Even if my payments got lowered, I just don't know how I'll do it.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

Jul 6, 2007, 08:00 PM
    You should be scared... but don't kill yourself, it's just money... it's not worth it.

You need to get on a plan... a spending plan... get some control over the situation and you will feel better. You have some options...

Get current on bills... work a second job if you must or more hours, whatever it takes... then save $500-1000 for emergencies...

Sell stuff if you have too, have a garage sale... cancel things you don't need like cable, cell phones... cover your basics first: food, clothing, shelter, utilities... medicines... transportation.

Check out Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing bankruptcy Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

I just lost my job after my husband finally gained one, we are not catching up on our bills we filled chapter 7 in 99 are we able to do it again if needed thank you barb

Filing Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I am behind on 2 cars and the house, 3 and 4 month respectfully, will filing bankruptcy save the cars and the house?? If so, which one chapter 13 or 7?

Filing taxes after bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I filed Chpt 7 this year and I am wondering how it will, if it will affect my filing. What documents do I need to share with my accountant? etc.

Filing after bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I filed Chpt 7 this year and I am wondering how it will, if it will affect my filing. What documents do I need to share with my accountant? etc.

Filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Approximately how long does it take once you've filled out the bankruptcy forms does it take to file? Does it depend on the State you live in or the court schedule?

View more questions Search