Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2007, 12:39 PM
    No, just that I'm afraid they will do damage to the house.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Sounds like you have not rented a lot of houses before, this is really about average for rentals.
    shtpmom Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 08:28 PM
    OMG! Your renter sounds about like mine... I know what you are going through!

Jul 24, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceytucker122406
    So....gave 24 notice to be at the house last night (for a showing) got there and could not get in the house. Call the police and they came and pryed the screen door open, so we could get in.....NOPE locks are changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Called our tenant and finally got a call back that says, they will go over and open it up. Well, too late...we were long gone, forget it now, so I didnt call back. Now I am ready to get these people for real. Any suggestions???
    Please do NOT keep starting new threads. We need to review the previous correspondence to understand the situation.

I told you NOT to wait on the eviction process? You NEED to get that done so you can legally retake possession of the house. Until you have that either by the tenant turning over the keys or a legal eviction you are stuck.

I've asked that your other threads be deleted.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 24, 2007, 07:18 AM
    3 threads merged as they are all the same issue.
    Please stick to one thread.
    Staceytucker122406 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Listen, Im sorry that I am new at this but I have enough stress do deal with right now and don't need it from you, Don't respond to my questions anymore then. I don't recall you asking me not to post new thread or to delete old ones, and if you did, Im sorry. But there is a nice way to ask for things and being a jerk isn't one of them BACK OFF. I don't need the kind of help you are giving, do you think you own this site??

Jul 24, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Ok, I will not post a new thread people!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 24, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Stacey, next time I won't bother trying to help and your posts will go unanswered, now I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

Jul 24, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Again, there are nice ways to ask for things and being nasty or acting like Mr. Gem isn't one of them.

Jul 24, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Listen, Im sorry that I am new at this but I have enough stress do deal with right now and dont need it from you, DONT respond to my questions anymore then. I dont recall you asking me not to post new thread or to delete old ones, and if you did, Im sorry. But there is a nice way to ask for things and being a jerk isnt one of them BACK OFF. I dont need the kind of help you are giving, do you think you own this site???
    Excuse me Stacy, was that tirade directed at me? All I have done is try to help you. I don't recall whether I did specifically say not to start a new thread, but I did allude to it. Even if I didn't it just makes sense to keep the issue all in one thread so people trying to help can review the whole story.
    I have NOT acted nasty in any way. I have simply tried to emphasize what you need to do.

I know this is a stressful situation for you, but if you ignore the advice you have been given, there is little more we can do to help you. The bottom line here is, as I have had to repeat, that you need to legally get possession of the house as quickly as possible. If the tenants won't give you the keys and acknowledge that they have vacated, then you need to evict them. Until you have regain legal possession they hold the upper hand.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Again, there are nice ways to ask for things and being nasty or acting like Mr. Gem isn’t one of them.
    Hello again, Stacey:

Wow, Lady. Mr. Gem IS the premier real estate expert on this site. He has given you top notch advice, and you this him like this...

Too bad, because I see that you're still in the middle of your situation, and I don't think you'll be getting much more help here. That's a shame too, because you really need it, and there's nowhere else to go to get it.

I don't think that was especially bright of you. Oh, well.

excon

Jul 24, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Geez you guys are all harsh. I can get it somewhere else, I have an attorney, he is handling the whole thing, the eviction, damages, everything. So, please give me a break, please. I don't care if he is smartest person in the world, that doesn't give him the right to treat me like that, period.

Jul 24, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Geez you guys are all harsh. I can get it somewhere else, I have an attorney, he is handling the whole thing, the eviction, damages, everything. So, please give me a break, please. I dont care if he is smartest person in the world, that doesnt give him the right to treat me like that, period.
    Treat you like what? One of the drawbacks of this form of communication is that you don't have all the factors that go into face to face communication. You lack the facial expressions, body language and tone of voice that make up more than 70% of communication. I don't know what you are reading into my responses or why, but all I have tried to do is help you. I have treated you with respect and volunteered my time and expertise to help. I have not treated you poorly in any way shape or form. You are the one who has been rude and harsh to me, not the other way around.
    dreemr57 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2007, 03:11 AM
    I know that at this time , trying to hire a attorney might not be available but.. have you tried to get a free consultation? I sent a email to a website >>>>attorneypages.com
    And I was sent a list of attorneys that deal with eviction.. I sent my problem they basically told me step by step what I can do.. and suggested if still needed help. Then I could hire one of the attorneys.. it was free..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car locks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ford excursion in which the door locks do not function well. When I push the button on my remote key pad, maybe 2 doors will lock and the rest will not. Or I push the master lock on the driver door and the samething will happen. Is there a battery or something that requires replacement?...

Computer locks up [ 4 Answers ]

Dell laptop keyboard locked

Treaure locks [ 3 Answers ]

hello pretty lady, I value your opinion and your sincerity very much, would u to tell me if this product is good or just like copra and rio it is called natural laxer and they claim it is not a relaxer just to improve the texure of the hair. Thank u.

Dread locks? [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body know what products our good for twisting african american hair into dread locks? I heard bees wax isn't good because it breaks the hair, so what should I use and how do I do it? Thank you kindly:D

Power locks [ 3 Answers ]

My Honda Civic '91 doesn't have power locks, and I would like to install them. I know there were versions of Civic that did have power locks, so I know that is doable. I would just like to know what parts I will need. It's a 2 door car and if driver's door is unlocked, passenger's door should...

View more questions Search