Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurenkm88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 05:53 AM
    My cat is 7 weeks pregnant
    Hi there,

I am new to this so not really sure if I am posting this in the right category.

My cat molly is 7 weeks pregnant, we can see the kittens kicking all the time and if I put my hand gently on her tummy I can feel them kick!

Should I be keeping her inside from now on?Or when should we start keeping her inside? The vet said I should but she just loves going outside through the day and coming in at night. I would hate for her to go into labour early and have them outside.

Also the cat that we caught her mating with has been hanging around today, is it safe for her and her babies if she goes outside while he is around?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks Lauren
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I would listen to the vet . Unneutered males have been known to eat the kittens. I do not know if the momma (if this is her first litter) would know how to protect them. I urge you to have your cat spayed. We have 1000's of unwanted cats/kittens that are killed each each year due to lack of homes. Your cat can have around 3-4 litters of kittens per year, Her kittens can go into heat as early as 6 months and each female kitten can have around 3-4 litters a year and their female kittens and their female kittens. And the problem continues and increases if they are not spayed. If you are straped for cash there are many spay/neuter programs available. Good luck

Jul 5, 2007, 06:13 AM
    She is booked in to be spayed when she has stopped feeding the kittens.

I just feel so cruel keeping her inside when she wants to go outside and play!

The vet said we either keep her in all the time or let her out for small intervals, but I am not sure what to do. But she did say to stop letting her out once she has about 4 days to go.

Yea this is her first litter. Is there any reason that she would go into early labour before her due date or do cats usually have the kittens when they are suppose too?

I may sound stressed but this is my first litter and I don't want anything to happen to Molly.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 06:20 AM
    I let my cats out as well, however I have never had a cat to give birth. The first thing I do before they are allowed out is spay/neuter. My cats normally are only out when there is someone to keep an eye out for them. If you choose to let her out make sure that (1) you are going to be at home (2) that it is a couple of hours after she has eaten, this way you can lure her back in with food. The kittens I deal with are usually a result of someone tossing them out or feral kittens or rescue from cat hoarders. So I really am not one to advise about the pregancy part. We have many knowledgeable people on here that will read your post and advise. So check back in. I commend you for taking the steps to get her spayed.

Jul 5, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Can anyone give ma any advice?

Thanks Lauren

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I have been using Certain Dri Anti-perspirant. Is it okay to use when pregnant. I couldn't find any information about not using it when pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat) [ 7 Answers ]

My kitty is pregnant ,kittens in like 2 weeks.. the male cat just hangs at my house stalking her,it seems like she doesn't like him anymore.why is he back now that she's not in heat? He won't leave.i don't no anything about cats ,please help..

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

3 weeks Pregnant! [ 2 Answers ]

I'v been trying to have a baby with my partner and I'm 3 weeks pregnant can I have my period?

View more questions Search