Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joyous246 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 05:13 AM
    How Do You Tell Someone.
    ... That You Feel Like You Can't Go On...

I suffer social anxiety, depression, I've just come out of a 5 year relationship where now I find myself completely alone as our friends were all his friends, so I don't see them anymore. Nothing is good in my life, there is no reason for me to be living. I still see my ex a lot, and I really need his help.

He has always been there for me through our last five years, but now is when I need him the most. I need to tell him how bad I am. No-one else knows. So I need to talk to someone about it.

But my problem is... When I try to talk about myself, I instantly think that the people around me are just going to call me a drama queen, and not believe me, or think that I'm saying this to get attention.

So how do I tell him that I'm close to the edge, how do I tell him I want to die and that I need his help to pull me back up.

What words do you use, phrases? I need to prepare and practise this talk before I tell him, I don't want him to think I'm doing this for attention. I am seriously drowing in my own self hatred and worthlessness. I am no good for anyone, so I need help.

He knows I'm sad already, but not to this extent.

How do I tell him??
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Don't bother about what people think...
    Work on getting yourself better
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 05:55 AM
    How about approaching a consellor?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Honey... you cant' fall back on your ex for this. He is part of the reason you are sad, and he's not going to be able to help you as you need, because he is on the other side of the fence than you on some of those issues.

I suggest you talk to a counselor or priest/pastor. If you don't know any, you can always call the national Hope line at 1-800-784-2433.
    free_lo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 01:56 AM
    What about the friends?
    If they are true friends (not all of them but some may be) they will see past the fact you are not anymore with your ex. And trust me.. everyone who had their heart broken knows exactly how you feel and knows how important is to be able to materialize into words your pain and feelings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search