Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradman1203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 09:50 PM
    Author/Title unknown
    I read a novel years ago, where the story concerned a group of plane crash survivors who used scrap material from a nearby abandoned mine to construct medieval type weapons (trebuchet, crossbows, etc), to prevent a local militia from crossing a river to capture them.

I initially believed it was a Hammond Innes novel, but on looking through his novels, I now believe it was another author (Alistair McLean possibly?).

Any info appreciated

Don Watters
    bradman1203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 09:58 PM
    Please ignore query
    After searching for this for 6 months, I had a sudden epiphany, and searched under Desmond Bagley - lo and behold, it's "High Citadel".

Don Watters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown Title or Author [ 10 Answers ]

I remember reading a book when I was around 11 about siblings whose parents die (I think) and the oldest (sister) is afraid of being separated, so they go on the run from authorities. She tries to keep them all fed and finds eggs to be the cheapest food to buy. Eventually they are found/caught...

Unknown Title [ 2 Answers ]

I read this book a few years back. It's a sci-fi/fantasy with humor novel. The story is about two babies accidentally switched at birth. One of the babies happens to be the anti-christ. Because of the switch, he's raised as an average human. When as an adult he finds out who he is, he doesn't...

Do you now the author and song title? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember only the middle of the song: "And I wana fall through the stars Stright into your arms ..... .....feel love I hope you comprehend" Thank you for any help. :)

Unknown book title [ 1 Answers ]

I have been looking for a book I read some time ago. It is about a young girl found wandering in the desert in Egypt and there was some debate if she was the messiah or someone who survived a explosion of a near by genetics lab. This was happening during the millennium. I believe the character...

View more questions Search