Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    endless8infinity Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Bachelor degree in nursing online?
    I am currently attending classes at my community college to receive my associates degree in nursing (RN). I would eventually like to obtain a bachelors degree in nursing. I keep hearing that getting a degree for nursing online is a bad idea. I'm not sure why. I'm curious to read some of your opinions about this.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Endless, I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I just took a look at some of them, not expensive, and if you are thinking about timewise, it isn't bad and can be accomplished in less time. Now, the downside is of course, finding an accredited facility on line without knowing much about each one offering on line degrees.

I think its frowned upon because it isn't really conventional to receive a BA under those circumstances.
    teezee Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Jul 6, 2008, 09:38 PM
    I think its bad and probably should be unavoided. A lot of those "online colleges" aren't even accredited or they always battle lawsuits about now being accredited or if they are somewhat accredited, the degree is only good within a certain distance and not if you moved to Alabama or something. I duno. I would stay safe and enter a university RN-BSN program such as ucla they have that now.
    jamerp1970 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by endless8infinity
    I am currently attending classes at my community college to receive my associates degree in nursing (RN). I would eventually like to obtain a bachelors degree in nursing. I keep hearing that getting a degree for nursing online is a bad idea. I'm not sure why. I'm curious to read some of your opinions about this.
    Many reputable colleges now have online programs, so you do not need to go to one of those invisible schools that exist only in the cyber world. Just start going to websites of local colleges that offer a BSN and see if they have an online program. I am an RN with an associates degree and I am currently taking general education classes online to meet the requirements for the BSN, I am in Connecticut and many of the local four year schools offer RN-BSN online. It is much more doable if you have a busy schedule. Do not be fooled I have found online classes to be just as difficult if not more than regular classes. You have to learn much of the info yourself.
    SHM76 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 07:34 AM
    I think what matters here is all about personal decision and self determination. Accredited or unaccredited online nursing degree - depends on you. At the end of it all, you have the sole responsibility to make it work for you! Cheers! And goodluck with your choice!
    jeffron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 19, 2011, 06:29 AM
    Actually, an online nursing degree could be a very good idea, if you pursue it from the right i.e. an accredited college. Look for an accredited college that offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing online specifically to Registered Nurses. Such a college would allow you to finish the degree in as little as 20 months. This is a short investment in terms of time and money, and since it's online, you can work while you study and hence simultaneously pay off your fees. You will also gain the credentials, instruction and experience required to get promotions, better employment and care for your patients more effectively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help to me to get a free online Theology Degree [ 9 Answers ]

Hie You all I am a christian and would to to enroll on a free on line course that would get me to do an on line degree course in theology

Bachelor degree? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I want to become an primary school teacher but all I know is I have to get a bachelors degree then a provincial teachers certificate. What do I have to take to get the bachelors degree? Like just any teachable course or what? Any help i8s useful.:confused:

Online Degree Institutions [ 8 Answers ]

Is Almeda University legitimate and if not, why haven't they been dealt with legally?

Online degree [ 2 Answers ]

Is Ashwood University Accredit in USA?

100% Free online Phd. Degree in Theology [ 11 Answers ]

How can I Get 100% free online Phd. Degree and certificate on Holy Bible?

View more questions Search