Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biyankambaruah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 09:40 PM
    About F1 to H1B
    Hi

I am Biyanka Baruah. Right now I am in India. I have got Student Visa and I am going to US next month. I am going for MBA. But I am wondering will I be able to convert my Visa to H1B once I complete my course or will I have to come back?

Regards
    Biyanka
    A coconut Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 09:52 PM
    As soon as you get here ( USA ) apply for a citizenship, you may get lucky.
    cschang Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Yes, usually at the end of your program, you should be able to get a year of practical training out of your F1 visa. After that, if you can find an employer, you may be able to apply for an H1B. But of course, there are limited spaces and you are not guaranteed to get the visa even if you apply.
    biyankambaruah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 02:15 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L1 and H1B [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an MBA student and will start working in Boston in July, 2007. I am now in the middle of the process whether I will be filed for L1 or H1B. I would like to know whether there are differences in income taxes between those two types of Visa. Any recommendation is welcome. Thanks,...

F1 to h1b [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am from Pakistan and started school in January, 2001 on a F1 visa. I was on F1 visa (incl. OPT) until October 2005. Since October 05, I changed to H1B. After reading couple of threads here, my understanding is: - I can either file as a non-resident or as a resident -alien. Correct? ...

F1 to H1B taxes, spouse on H1B throughout [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My spouse has been on a H1 B for the past 5 years. We are both from India. I was on a H4 visa till Sept of 2003 and moved to an F1 at the end of the year. We filed a joint return that year. We did the same for 2004 although I did have a W-2 from the School. At the end of July 2005, I...

Out of Country (during H1B) and Change from F1 to OPT to H1B [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, First of all a great service and a great site with loads of useful information. Here is my scenario: Dec 2003 to May 2005 - F1 Status June 2005 to Sept 2005 - OPT (F1) Status Oct 1, 2005 to Dec 2005 - H1B status My company sent me to its branch in INDIA office for a special project...

View more questions Search