Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noname5675 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Lump on penis
    I'm REALLY scared :'( I have a lump about half a centimeter big on the right side at the bottem of my penis on the top. Its not as easy as it sounds to tell your parents or a doctor. Could it be acne, or a sist it crossed my mind that it might be cancer I don't know if I'm to young or not (im 14) I lost a friend to cancer IT JUST REALLY SCARES ME
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Acne doesn't occur on a penis. It sounds too small to be a cyst. Of course, since we here can't see the problem and don't know anything about you and your medical history, I'm thinking the only way you can relieve your mind is to show a parent. If your parent can't decide what it is, you might end up at the doctor's office. Your parents, especially your father, have seen penises before (and ummmm who diapered you for at least two years?). Doctors have seen thousands. Have someone else look at it before we all die of anxiety.

Jul 4, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Acne doesn't occur on a penis. It sounds too small to be a cyst. Of course, since we here can't see the problem and don't know anything about you and your medical history, I'm thinking the only way you can relieve your mind is to show a parent. If your parent can't decide what it is, you might end up at the doctor's office. Your parents, especially your father, have seen penises before (and ummmm who diapered you for at least two years?). Doctors have seen thousands. Have someone else look at it before we all die of anxiety.
    I can't SHOW MY MOM!! And my dad is in alberta!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Ok, relax. Maybe it's a little pimple (not acne). Is there any pain? Is there any swelling? Is there any redness around it? Don't poke it or squeeze it. Soak in a warm bath for two nights and see if it's still there by Saturday. If it is, let us know. (Is there any uncle or brother you can show it to? Could you describe it to your mom--especially if it's still there in two days and if it gets bigger?)

Jul 4, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Ok, relax. Maybe it's a little pimple (not acne). Is there any pain? Is there any swelling? Is there any redness around it? Don't poke it or squeeze it. Soak in a warm bath for two nights and see if it's still there by Saturday. If it is, let us know. (Is there any uncle or brother you can show it to?)

Yes, there is pain when I touch it (that probably sounds gross) I can't tell if there is swelling its about a half a centimeter big. Yes there is redness on and around it. I'm the only guy in my family. I have a cousin, but he is a and would say he would help me then start laughing. :(
    A coconut Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Actually, u can show your mom, but if u don't want to, then just explain to her what's happening, so she can take you to see the doctor, and you defenetely can show the doctor, just remember, your mom only wants what's good for you, so, even if you are embarrassed, tell her, or tell some one who can take you to see the doctor.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
    I googled and found this (does this fit the description?):

Sebaceous cysts are usually painless, slow-growing small bumps or lumps that move freely under the skin. It's important not to touch or try to remove the substance inside to prevent tenderness, swelling, and infection of a sebaceous cyst.

What is a sebaceous cyst?
    A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance. A foul odor is also often present in the substance called keratin which fills sebaceous cysts. Keratin is a protein that creates the sac of cells called sebaceous cysts. The bumps or lumps you can feel under your skin are actually the sac of cells.

What causes sebaceous cysts?
    Sebaceous cysts are often the result of swollen hair follicles, or skin trauma.

What are the symptoms of sebaceous cysts?
    Small lumps or bumps that occur just under the skin of the vagina, genitalia, breast, abdomen, face, neck, or elsewhere on the body are the most common symptom of sebaceous cysts.

Occasionally infections may occur. Signs or symptoms that may indicate infection of sebaceous cysts include:
    * redness
    * tenderness
    * increased temperature of the skin over the bumps or lumps
    * greyish white, cheesy, foul smelling material draining from the bump or lump

How are sebaceous cysts diagnosed ?
    Sebaceous cysts are usually easily diagnosed by their appearance to the trained eye.

Treatments for sebaceous cysts
    Sebaceous cysts most often disappear on their own and are not dangerous.

This is Wondergirl again. I still suggest the warm baths and even putting a warm wet washcloth on the spot for ten minutes at a time several times a day. This should cause the cyst (if it is one) to open and drain.
    franklin girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2007, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noname5675
    im REALLY scared :'( i have a lump about half a centimeter big on the right side at the bottem of my penis on the top. its not as easy as it sounds to tell your parents or a doctor. could it be acne, or a sist it crossed my mind that it might be cancer i dont know if im to young or not (im 14) i lost a friend to cancer IT JUST REALLY SCARES ME
    You know it could be a genital wart which not fatal and is treatable. I had a friend who actually got it from sharing clothes with someone who admitted they had it in high school. I think she didn't say anything to her parents and went to a free clinic to get some medicine (topical) and make sure she didn't have anything that was more serious.

Just a thought...

Jul 4, 2007, 10:00 PM
    You, some of them fit. But it does hurt and it doesn't move freely it stays where it is
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 10:02 PM
    If you are that worried about it, tell your mom and ask her to make a dr. appointment.

Jul 4, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin girl
    You know it could be a genital wart which not fatal and is treatable. I had a friend who actually got it from sharing clothes with someone who admitted they had it in highschool. I think she didn't say anything to her parents and went to a free clinic to get some medicine (topical) and make sure she didn't have anything that was more serious.

Just a thought.....

Omg, I haven't shared clothes, I'm a virgin. Why would god do this to someone, is this his sickway of having fun
    franklin girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noname5675
    omg, i havnt shared clothes, im a virgin. why would god do this to someone, is this his sickway of having fun

I don't think this is sick game that God or anyone plays, I think that things happen with our bodies as we grow and develop that even the most experienced and educated people don't or can't understand. I think that if you are not active sexually and you have never had contact via clothing, etc, then you are probably looking at something simple like a cyst. But if you have shared any contact (kissing, rubbing, etc) then you can be exposed to all kinds of things that you may not know even exists. It is better to be safe then sorry because as you will find out people aren't always up front about this sort of thing and then they can pass it on to someone else.

Not to sound preachy but I happen to be a Mom and I would want my child to talk with me about these things because it may sound cheesy but our parents have been through a lot more than we give them credit for and have an enormous amount of knowledge we can use we just have to trust them!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 11:07 PM
    God had nothing to do with this. Things happen. All of us sometime or another get spots and bumps and pimples and lumps and funny hairs and itchy feet and dandruff and warts and hangnails and callouses and other things we don't ask for and don't want but have to deal with. Mention it to your mom, otherwise we will have a nervous breakdown worrying about your anxiety level.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by allen59
    Hello, Its me again. I have gone to the docer two times in one month thinking I had HIV/AIDS, which is vary lame on my part because I am a virgin and other than Adderal(for ADHD) and stratera and risperdal(all medications) I am drug free. I had a blood test and was HIV/AIDs neggitive. I am 13. I think I have hycondria, but any way, I have Pimples on my penis must have hair growing out but some dont yet. Is this normal?
    Allen56, where did you come from? Is this a new question? If so, start a new thread.

You are (only) 13.
    You are not sexually active.
    You do not have HIV/AIDS.
    You are drug free.
    Your doctor has given you a clean bill of physical health.

Yes, you may be a hypochondriac. I know at this age hormones are racing everywhere inside your body sometimes causing strange growths and mental confusion and sexual tensions. (I used to be 13.)

You are developing normally. Please take a deep breath and look for the positive things in your life -- you are maturing into manhood, you are getting taller and better looking, you are no longer a baby or a child, you are slowing gaining experience in various ways, you are becoming better educated. I envy you for your youth and because you have your entire life ahead of you with so many possibilities!
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 8, 2007, 02:53 AM
    You can also see a school counsellor if you are shy about telling your mom. Are you sexually active? If you are not then I don't think that your mom should be too angry at you. She should be more concerned with your health than with anything else. Give her a chance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on penis [ 34 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and am in the mid stages of puberty. The other day I noticed a small lump on the shaft of my penis. It is located towards the bottom on the underside but a little to the right. I know it isn't part of the penis anatomy because it wasn't there before and isn't connected to...

Penis Lump [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lump under my skin on the middle of the shaft of my penis. It isn't very big at all. I don't really feel much pain or discomfort with it either. Was just wondering what it may be and what I should do. I would appreciate some help! THanks.

Lump on penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 yrs old and have recently noticed a lump on my penis, it look rather like a spot and has a white top and a red ring around it, this may be due to me touching it. I am quite worried and would not like to aprroach my parents! Please put my mind at rest!

Lump on penis [ 3 Answers ]

There has been posts on this but I have a small lump on my penis and I was wondering could I still get diseases and stuuf with out having sex?

Lump on penis [ 6 Answers ]

Basically I have a lump / bump on my penis. It is below the shaft on the left side of my penis and is more pronounced when erect. It in behind the skin of my penis and is almost like a hard pea in shape. I have had this from what I remember for about 4 years and only recently I have started to...

View more questions Search