Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trevordog Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Web site
    OK so I want to know how to make my own web site how on earth do you do it I need help

Does getting a website free or do I have to pay money for like the space I am using well I need help and can some one help me pleassssss!! :[
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 4, 2007, 07:18 PM
    You generally need to rent server space, though some internet sites provide free website hosting and making, but they are more limited I think.
    To make a website, you need programs like dreamweaver, notepad etc.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 07:25 PM
    A cyberfriend created a huge, beautiful site to show off his travel photos, essays, and then created four Q&A boards too for which he accepts members.

He uses the host:

Online web site builder, website software, homepage creator, personal ecommerce - CitySlide.

I'll connect you with him if you want to ask questions and generally find out more, like how hard is it to do, how expensive is it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 08:28 PM
    trevordog, CitySlide takes all the work out of creating a beautiful site. Look at that link to see how easy it is. The cost is reasonable.

It helps to know HTML, how to use a digital camera if you plan to post photos, artistic stuff like designing a well-balanced page. Go to your public library to get books on designing web sites and creating web pages. Good luck and have fun!
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 01:40 AM
    To setup a website you can do it yourself from scratch or hire a professional website designer to do the job for you.

When you website is done or in the process of being completed you can reserve a domain name, which you have to pay for. If your domain name is approved then you have to look for hosting company where your website can be accessed from and for this you need to pay a monthly hosting fee..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a web site [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there.. I'm looking for aweb site named askme.com.. I was a member, but I became an official site for other stuff not related to answeing questions.. any 1 got an idea what happened to it?

Retail Web Site [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: What is the best low cost way to get the word out about my retail web site.Thanks in advance Fred

Help creating a web site [ 6 Answers ]

My parents want to set up some web sites: one for my mothers artwork and another for my fathers archery but they want to do it for free. I am unsure of how to go about settting up one at all and they have put me in chargte of it! Please help, blusia:eek:

Web site help [ 2 Answers ]

A web site has been made and we would like to go in and change pictures and add pictures but have no idea how to do this. Some one else built the site but isn't able to work on it continuosly like we want. We don't know how to do any of it. Mostly focusing on adding pictures and mabye working on...

View more questions Search