Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msgimp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Hobby that does not produce dust collecters or something to wear.
    [F]:confused:

I would like to start a hobby, but I do not need anything else to set around my house. I also do not have a sewing machine to make any clothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msgimp

I would like to start a hobby, but I do not need anything else to set around my house. I also do not have a sewing machine to make any clothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

How about joining a fundraising group, volunteer group that works in your local group shelter or hospital, or dog shelter. These would all be worthwhile hobbies. Does your local church need volunteers ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Write.

Newsletters need articles. Contact church, organization, community college, nursing home, assisted living, hospital, funeral home newsletter editors. Start your own neighborhood newsletter.

Your local newspaper might be hoping you will submit an interesting article and might even be willing to make you a regular columnist. Can you give good advice? Do you know a lot about gardening? Are you a great cook with tons of recipes?

Write plays for neighborhood kids to perform. Enlist their help in the writing.

Write weekly devotions for the church bulletin.

Write for an online site--poetry, essays, stories.

Take a course in something that interests you--at a museum, arboretum, community college, university, hospital, park district, even online at e.g. Univ. of Phoenix.

Connect with a group that writes letters to terminally ill kids, military people, hospitalized vets, or to kids who believe in Santa/Tooth Fairy or who need a penpal.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 4, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Writing is a very good idea. It is quite easy to get better at too.
    You could try learning an instrument, like guitar or piano (start with a keyboard though, piano expensive)
    Maybe try to do something good, like volunteer work, or start something! Like I don't know, a club, or some sort of community organisation, ever seen a problem that really bugs you? Work towards fixing it, with the help of other people in the community.
    Maybe you could do fundraising. Or volunteer to work in local church, youth support things, cleaning, plant trees? Maybe become a local scout helper/leader.
    Or you could do some real nice things, like do some work for free for some people in your street, help people.
    You could start a garden. You could work out, get nice and fit, you could start home brewing (my grandad did it) you could even devote some time to some real deep thought about your life, where its going, life in general.
    Church is a very good thing, if your not in one already, and if you are, then ask your pastor if there's anything more you can do for the church.
    trn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Read or find a really fun exercise (dance)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Singing
    Tennis
    Writing Poetry, Journals, Book Reviews, Recipes
    Cooking
    Baking
    Painting
    Join Big Brothers/Big Sisters
    Join Political fund raising teams
    Volunteer to visit nursing homes to read to residents, plant a garden for them
    Volunteer at the Humane Society

Good Luck deciding. :)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 27, 2007, 03:31 AM
    You could always play ping pong :)
    crazymomjulie Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2007, 01:41 PM
    I picked up a hobby called canvas stitching that is easy and fun. And can produce useable products that I have even seen being sold for a nice little profit. It is fun for me because my children have picked it up and love to do it with me and it gives good quality time together.
    All that is needed is yarn, canvas needles, and plastic canvas sheets. There is pattern books available to show you how to make anything from cup coasters to holiday decorations to decorative floor rugs. And you can find the supplies just about anywhere such as Walmart, Michaels Craft store or any craft supply house. And another hobby I LOVE is crochet if your good with your hands. I hope this helps you find a hobby you can enjoy as much as I have.:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msgimp

I hope that you have appreciated the answers from all of the people who have taken the time to answer your question! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notice to produce [ 1 Answers ]

I filed a small claims, have a court date for October. Today I received a letter, from a lawyer for the defendant, informing me of a NOTICE TO PRODUCE. I can't find any reference to this request anyplace in the NY state small courts information. If I don't produce all receipts, letters, any...

Does white light always produce continuous spectrum? [ 1 Answers ]

Does white light always produce continuous spectrum? If not, give me some examples. :D

Combatting A Dust Mite Allergy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, Ever since giving up smoking a year ago, my girlfriend's asthma has flarred up a bit. Normally she is fine but occasionally she will wake up several times in the night, coughing and weezing. She went for an allergy check and it turns out she is allergic to dust mites. Trouble is we...

Dust falling from ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with what appears to be Sheetrock dust covering everything in my condo. I clean everything up but after a day the dust is back. It is difficult to breathe and I am trying to figure out a way to determine what this dust is or to get stop it from falling from the ceiling. I...

Ice maker won't produce [ 1 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear...

View more questions Search