Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inderbrar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2003, 05:05 AM
    How to extend 10/100 Lan Network
    Hi,

We are providing Internet Services to customers by using CAT5e cable with 10-Base-T Hubs and switches. We are placing a 8-port hub with one Uplink port after every 230-240 meter, using this uplink port as a repeater we extend the wire to next 230-240 meters and place a Hub again. In case we have to provide a connection in between we uses any port out of 7 remaining of the nearby hub. In case there are more connections from one hub, we uses a switch from which we provides all the connections so that there will be no sharing. If we need to extend our network to a long distance for example like 2KM then you can imagine the no. of hubs to be used. We power all the hubs by an additional electric wire which runs along the CAT5e cable along with a earth wire for support. Recently, we have used Da-San SDSL (Lan Extender-what we call it), its model - CPSD02, Product-SDSL-CPE PRO. We have used this pair of Da-San with a pair of simple copper wire and we have achieved a distance of 2 KM with good speed, more than 512Kbps. I have a lot about REPEATERS but could not find any. Some says Hubs are called as Repeaters. Please help us, We want to expand our network to a long distances (by using copper wire/telephone cable) We can use any cable like CAT5e but with a device which can boost the signal so that we can get a longer distance. Please help
    kvl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2004, 08:03 AM
    Re: How to extend 10/100 Lan Network
    Dear friend,
    After reading your message only I tried with that product.
    When I tested with back-to-back connection I got wire link;
    But when I put that into 500 mtrs telephone cable I didn't get wire link.
    What could be the problem.
    I tried with 256kbps speed also.
    To test that copper cable , I given normal telephone line dial tone I received the same at other end; so I feel no prob in copper cable.
    Pl enlighten me to resolve this problem.
    By the by...

Hv you got any reply for your query; if so, pl forward to me.

I am also working the same environment.
    kvl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2004, 08:06 AM
    My email id is
    [email protected]
    Or
    [email protected]

Rgds
    kvl
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2004, 11:54 PM
    G'day,

I am current a IT officer for the government, depending on how much you wish to spend and on how efficient you want the line to be, really depends on the amount of traffic it will be managing. I manage various networks both LAN & WAN, also by microwave links. We use INDS connections to hospitals that we manage some up to several hundred km's away. We run CAT5e to these sites. INDS is the service we use. It is essentially a booster/repeater/modem but is always connected perminently. Depending where you are in the world and what telecommunications services are available, will differ the service types, and connection methods.

Hope this helps
    For more indepth advice just message!

Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't network my 2 PC... [ 33 Answers ]

I'm here again :), I want to ask how can I network my two PC I'm not using router, I'm just use a cable I already connected the two PC but seems they don't seen/locate each other does it something about what I'm using? Cause I'm using Win XP and the other is Win 2000... :confused: Please...

How to network my PCs.. [ 5 Answers ]

I thought I know something about networking but when I have to network my PCs, I can't... I need help guys I guess there such thing as series and parallel connection about net working just like in electrical am I right?. Here where it started, from now on I just have 2 PCs, needed to connect... 1...

Network using XP(SP2) [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small workshop repairing computers and I am facing with the following problem: I have a PC which has two network cards:one card is connected to the DSL modem and the other card is connected to a hub.I am using internet connection sharing in order for other computers to be able to have...

Xp network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to setup a home network. I have done everything I no how but the status says "Limited or No connectivity" I could use any help anyone could give me. Thanks

View more questions Search