Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deltaoop Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
    False statement
    If someone who accuses someone of a felony but lies about who he/she is and where he works i.e. denied being in the military. Also lied about the events. How can he/she lying about being in the military help the case.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 4, 2007, 05:08 PM
    A jury has to believe the witnesses. If any part of a witness's story can be shown to be lies, it bears on the credibility of the witness.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Hello delta:

Your lawyer will prove he's a liar and you can go home. However, nothing is as simple as that. Why don't you tell me what happened and I'll tell you what I think.

excon

Jul 4, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaoop
    If someone who accuses someone of a felony but lies about who he/she is and where he works i.e. denied being in the military. Also lied about the events. How can he/she lying about being in the military help the case.
    I let someone keep his property at my house. We got into an argument about him removing his property. He states he got into his car and I grabbed his cell phone and when I got in to my car he proceeded to block me in. He got in front of my car so that I could not leave. I was able to get away but he chased me down and blocked my car and got in front of it again.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Hello again, delta:

That's all fine and wonderful, but were you arrested?? For what?

excon

Jul 4, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Petit Larceny, Reckless Endangerment 2nd Degree and Robbery 3rd Degree. The next day he signed a statement with the DA to drop the charges.

Jul 4, 2007, 07:59 PM
    The police made it seem like he lived with me which he did not. They made me leave a key so that he could come back and get his property.

Jul 4, 2007, 08:15 PM
    To scott gem there are no witnesses

Jul 5, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Yes there is, the complainat is the witness. If the charges have been dropped, what's the issue?

Jul 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
    The complainat signed a statement to drop the charges but the DA has not decided if they will drop the charges.

Jul 5, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Gety an attorney and have him point out to the DA how poor a case he has.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaoop
    The complainat signed a statement to drop the charges but the DA has not decided if they will drop the charges.
    In this case, I would imagine that in all likelihood the DA will drop the charges. It's one less case for him to worry about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or false [ 2 Answers ]

Is an e'mail traceable back to the sender?

Which cash flow statement is false? [ 1 Answers ]

Question: Which of the following statements is false? a. Financing activities usually involve long-term liability and current asset accounts b. Operating activities usually involve current asset and current liability accounts c. Investing activities usually involve long-term asset accounts...

False Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

My father in law got immedupper. Dentures in April 05. He had server perio like 12mm pockets. He had a lot of bone loss and lot of his teeth were moveable. He had problems on and on and in Nov 05 he had them reline. When he left that day he said they were fine and that he could eat with them. Well...

View more questions Search